rm100 reverb mod question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterOf1Angel

Reaction score
My step dad got a rm50 and it's got a reverb tank. I have a rm100c and dont. I looked online and didn't see any 100's with reverb. Was wondering if you can get it modded to include a nice verb. I like how it's integrated in the 50 with it controlled by parallel loop knob and cutting out if you put any fx into the loop - that's great! Thanx!

-Angel

Angel,
You could add an external tank like the 50 has, but powering it is the only concern. The RM50 has a dedicated power outlet for it, but Bruce said it's fine to tap off the fan power supply. You would have to be comfortable with splicing into that wiring. Other than that, you would just mount the tank to the headshell and run it in the parallel loop just the same.
Best luck!
Rob

Thank you Rob. the thing I'm worried about right now is that it might rattle. It's a combo (2x12) so lifting it is crazy too. I'd like them to add a footswitch, is that easy to do? the other option is putting it in the loop but do they sell any actual spring reverbs in a pedal or are non springs/digital as good? Thanx

-Angel

MasterOf1Angel said:
Thank you Rob. the thing I'm worried about right now is that it might rattle. It's a combo (2x12) so lifting it is crazy too. I'd like them to add a footswitch, is that easy to do? the other option is putting it in the loop but do they sell any actual spring reverbs in a pedal or are non springs/digital as good? Thanx

-Angel

Angel, since you want a foot switch, why not just run a pedal like a Boss RV-5?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zdSe9PbngU

Jimmie

Angel,
That last reply was a good idea. Our other guitarist uses an RV-5 and it sounds really good. I own a Holy Grail Reverb pedal as well that is the most convincing spring reverb sound in a pedal I have heard with a reasonable price tag on it. Either in the loop with a Ebtech line shifter would probably be the easiest and best solution for your wants and needs. I thought the Randall RM50 reverb in the head I had was REALLY bad.
Rob