RM100 series loop issue

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy dawson

Reaction score
Hi
I have been using the rm100 for a few years and been very happy.
I have had problems with fx

I currently use a TC NOVA system in the series loop and I am losing tone and level. This seems to be a new problem as it was fine a while ago.
I wondered if it could be the loop tubes going bad? If I unplug the nova the tone and volume improves dramatically. I have set the levels on the nova for unity gain as you would expect.

Hopeless using pedals in the loop even with a line level shifter and when I use them in front of the amp I get noise and gain loss etc.I have mxr evh flanger and phase 90 etc.

This is by far the best amp I have owned but the frustration is getting the better of me!

I welcome your assistance

how hot are you running the volumes on your modules? If they are too hot for the Nova, you'll experience clipping & volume loss.

Try reducing the volumes of your modules & increasing the master volume instead.

Yeah saw that in some other posts, will give it a try
thanks
Also seen issues around dirty loop sockets too

Try cleaning the loop jacks as discussed here many times in the past. It sounds like you haven't used the loop in a while, making this even more likely.

Latest posts