RM100 to feel and sound more like a mark 5

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did buy a mark V and i still have my rm100. i'm not sure if i like the Mark V better or not, sounded better in the store.

nomad100 said:
I did buy a mark V and i still have my rm100. i'm not sure if i like the Mark V better or not, sounded better in the store.

Could be the natural EQ of your room. I have had an issue where I wasn't happy with any of my amps until I moved them to our rehearsal space or to a gig. The room I was using at home made everything sound bad.

Try a new room and see what happens.

Thanks that really could be a lot of it, and the demo room at Sweetwater makes everything sound good.

nomad100 said:
Thanks that really could be a lot of it, and the demo room at Sweetwater makes everything sound good.

They have an economic reason for that. Try a new room and let us know the results. I am interested in hearing your take on it.

I am 40. I have gigged, rehearsed, and practiced in lots of rooms. Every single one had a different tone.

eyeball987, i think your right i took the new amp to practice with a new band and it sounded a lot better than in my apartment. i think i feel slightly guilty for getting the new amp, the rm100 defiantly does low volume better. it just a pain to lug around.

I own a Mark V in my collection and gigged it quite a bit with my last band in 2010 and 2011. It was very picky about the room acoustics and speaker cab. The final show we did was in an old 5000 seat Theater with balconies and it was the worst I ever heard that amp. It was completely lost in that space and had no body what-so-ever. In some rooms it was amazing. Probably one of the most inconsistent amps I own in that manner. It's 100% healthy and works exactly as it should FWIW.

Ive owned an rm100 and now own 2 RM50's.. you GOTTA. Turn the master volume up to at least noon or the amps power sections just don't respond right. It's like running the volume controls low on your power amps... they gotta be turned up
I also couldn't deal with the 75 lb weight of my 100. I ended getting 50 watters which i like even better and they have a good built in reverb....and they weigh 35 lbs!
also try using some. JJKT77' S OR KT66' S...GIVES A MUCH BIGGER SOUNDSTAGE with better frequency response all around. If you want an even bigger tighter bass get some KT88' s. And you really should try a few modded preamplifier modules. Jaded faith's, gigmods, salvation and sacred groove stuff is amazing.

I've used kt77's, really liked them... I probably should have just bought modded modules instead of the mark v, slight bit of guilt on spending so much. What should i do sell the rm100 and modules or sell amp and get rm4 and eventually mod modules?

I've owned 3 different Boogie's over the years and they were all notorious for being very finniky and would sound good one night and then in the same venue the next night would sound awful......Just sayin...

I've noticed with my rm100 when line voltage is hi like 125 it doesn't sound as good as when it's around 118-121.

Latest posts