• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

RM100B Head Decided to Keep

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
Really Need to Sell This Amp Soon and I welcome any and all offers!

Ive got a NM RM100 head that I havent used in probably 6 months.. Im moving on from mts partially. I am keeping a RM50 Head and an RM4 with 6 modules. So here's the deal I will take cash or a couple of nice JF mods for it.. Hit me up with what ya got! Im really interested in the Vybe Deluxe and a trilogy.
Email me for pics or questions!
-matt page-
[email protected]
I have far too many good deals to list so i just took em out of my signature but ask around and you'll hear good things!

As Far as trades go I would trade the Head for a Vybe Deluxe, Maybe an Sl-od100, A D-zilla, a Voxless, A brahma #39.. Hit me up with what cha got!
-mp-

Always interested in why people move on from MTS.. did something else catch your ear enough to just keep one amp and RM4? Makes sense if that is the case, no point in having amps sit and not used. Same with modules!

Im not moving at all just downsizing from an RM100, Rm50C, Rm50H, Rm4and umpteen modules.. Ive picked out 5 modules that i wanna keep and I may keep the RM50H and use it as a poweramp for the RM4 Which im defiantly keeping. I have found my "Grail Tone" with a JCM 2000 TSL 100 Head, my fellow guitar geek buddy came over to see and hear the amp and after about 1.5 hours we had it Nailed.. On monday my buddy sold off his Line 6 halfstack and his Line 6 75 watt practice amp both with the footboards and he's going to pick up his TSL on Saturday... His only issue is that he is now without a cab so no using his TSL when he gets it :(
So the TSL does everything that my marshall modules could do and a shitload more, 3 channels with a clean boost via jumping the effects loop and simply turning it on and off with the footswitch... Its just really opened my eyes to what a Real Marshall made in england can do.
It does cleans great very fat and sweet, the Crunch channel has been dialed in for an almost AFD type of tone which i absolutely love and the Lead Channel its pure metal meltdown.. Its a high gain sound that is totally unique, I have never heard anything like it but I absolutely love the tone!
-mp-
BTW folks im kinda trying to get this amp moved so if you have a monetary offer or a gear offer hit me up!

Kapo_Polenton said:
Always interested in why people move on from MTS.. did something else catch your ear enough to just keep one amp and RM4? Makes sense if that is the case, no point in having amps sit and not used. Same with modules!

For me it was becasue the amp I have sounds killer and the module version of it,while very close,didnt fill the void and the band wasnt doing a whole lot at the time,no to mention when I had 20 modules I realized that majority of them sounded very similar the way I dial an amp,just what sounds good to me ear,so I sold all of my stuff off and tried out a bunch of different amps I wanted to try over the years....Now that we are playing live some and Ive had some volume issues at venues with my 120 watt head and there were a few mods I really liked,I figured it would be a good time to get a RM50 and a few of my favorite mods,which I have scored a Mashaldano.....looking for a few more and Ill be set....may ever try reamping with it for some guitar tracks on the disc.....

I have a TSL 100 head as well and I agree it can get you pretty much anywhere. My only issue with the TSL is the loop ... i like to use delay / mods in the loop and it drops my overal sound down so low I have to run a boost to get it back up to a good level. Other than that ..it rocks ! I've never tried to jump the loop just for a clean boost. I may give it a try although that takes delay outta my arsenal. I tried to get it modded to a true serial loop but the local vintage store said they needed a schematic before trying it. Any input on that?

Yeah k9 I dont know what to tell ya one the effects in the loop i know that there are two loops one that is on all the time for any channel and another for the crunch and lead channels, I not exactly a loop expert but I know that they both operate differently, one is like a master loop that is on all the time but shuts off when you activate the loop on the gain channels.. Im not sure exactly how it works I dont use any effects and only run an NS-2 out in front of the amp to keep it silent. I am wondering though if there is something wrong with my reverb i have it dialed all the way in on both knobs and i cant seem to actually hear it, sometimes i think i hear it but the sometimes its on and i cant hear it.. it should be much more prominent IMHO. As I have said earlier I just have too much mts stuff for my needs 2 RM50's a head and a combo , an rm100 head and an rm4 so i decided to keep 1 rm50 to use as a power amp for the rm4 and to store the two additional mods I plan on buying if this head ever sells, So an rm4,rm50 and six mods is what i plan to get to, ive got my 4 favorite mods atm and the two im gonna get and thats gonna be it, Unless something drasticly changes. My TSL f*cking kills it though so I am going to stick with it and I can really find no use for mods for the 4 or 5 different gain and clean tones i can dial in on the TSL.
-mp-

Oh yeah on the clean boost, Its something that i have been doing for a couple of years i did it will all of my randalls in the parallel loop and it works almost the same in my TSL except there is one wierd difference, When you supposedly engage the loop and the light turns on on the loop switch on the footswitch the loop is actually off when you step on the button again and the light goes off the loop is on.. I dont know why this is but it seems to be the way it works.