RM20 + Modded Plexi = Match made in heaven (and an easy mod)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notyet

Reaction score
I recently acquired an RM20 and have been giving it a tryout with some of my modules.

As you all know, the RM20 has the built-in boost function which lets you overdrive its single module slot.

I recently modded a Plexi module to make it less tubby and have been enjoying it in my RM50 but it loves the RM20 even better. The boost function is absolutely perfect for this module. Takes you from a cleanish chimey sound to british lead.

Another thing that seems to help (and someone with a schematic could confirm this)- Since there is no master volume on the head, running the module volume up in the sweet spot makes it rather loud.

I built a passive loss pedal for guitar and have been using it to knock down the loop level on my RM50 so that pedals can work tolerably. The same passive loss in the series loop of the RM20 lets me run the module volume higher which seems to sound richer but at a more comfortable volume. Placebo?

Latest posts