RM22 in rack

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter

Reaction score
Today I hooked up my RM22 to a 19" unit and suddenly realised that it has perfect dimensions to be racked up.

I'm in contact with Kevin and Greg from Randall to get the pin assignment of the footswitch, so I can use a Nobels MS-4 and a G-Lab GSC-3 to switch all.

I am seriously considering to throw it all in the gator case and create my mini rig of doom.

Anyone done it? Whatcha think of the idea?

rack_rm22.jpg

Definitly a cool idea!
Seems like you just somehow need to add some rack ears and you're good to go. :D

The sides of the chassis are probably open, so some kind of covers on that is probably a good idea too.

I'd stick a ventilation plate in front of the tubes on the front of the rack, since the rack is probably deeper than the head, otherwise there might be too much still air and they'll get real hot. ;)

Yeah good advise on the ventilation.

I was even thinking to put the whole head with shell into the rack, not just the amp chassis.

Let me try some stuff...

That is interesting way to do things. Rack it up. I don't think that I have heard of anyone doing that yet. :)

Measured the Chassis, front plate could just about fit into 2U, or the whole chassis would very well fit into 3U.

So I am thinking about getting one of these 3U rack dummies and having a go at it. I'm sure it'd work great!

Awesome! I"ve heard A LOT about the RM22. Sorry to take this off topic, but how do they sound CRANKED? Does the bottom totally drop out?
thanks! 8)

Sounds cool. I would do it as long as it's vented well. You could also just bolt it to a rack shelf instead of finding a way to get ears on it.

mini rig of doom. ...

do it do it do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If it seems smart. I'd do it,too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GtrGeorge

hunter said:
Measured the Chassis, front plate could just about fit into 2U, or the whole chassis would very well fit into 3U.

So I am thinking about getting one of these 3U rack dummies and having a go at it. I'm sure it'd work great!
Did you ever give this a shot?

Hunter, I'm really interested in the answer you get from Randall about being able to switch channels with an effects processor.

Econ said:
Hunter, I'm really interested in the answer you get from Randall about being able to switch channels with an effects processor.

I've given up. It seems me and them don't speak the same language. Someone else please try and resolve this, I have the feeling if someone else tries, it will be fixed quickly.

I have posted guts of the foot switch here: http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=97162

Can any tech savvy person advise on how to do it?

Bump...

I'd like to be able do the channel switching with something other than the footswitch. (1/4" latching or midi)