RM4 and mesa 20/20

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eedude

Reaction score
anyone out there running a 20/20 with their RM4? liking it? disliking it? reliability? etc...

I don't have the 20/20 anymore, but I've owned three over the years. They are very reliable, and work great. I did the 'deep mod' which helps reduce the huge mid hump at higher volumes and brings out a little more bass. It's very easy to do and sounds awesome. I made the mod switchable on one of them so that I could go back and forth as well.
They are nice amps, cheap to re tube, small and light!

dboy??? i'm not sure his whole screen name. but search it via author and i'm sure you'll find him. hes running that exact equipment. he modded his 20/20 with a fat mod too. i understand its easy to do, according to him.

It is easy to do. Here's a picture and some instructions for it. It's as simple as clipping two capacitors if you don't want it to be switchable. Let me know if you have any problems/questions ;-)

Oops, forgot the picture:
2020deepmod.jpg

I did the "deep mod" on one of my two 20/20's (the other is still new and under warranty, so I'm holding off on that one). I used push/pull pots (now available direct from Mesa) to replace the stock VOLUME pots, and made the mod switchable for each channel. I would have rather used the PRESENCE pots, but alas the transformers get in the way so you can't.

I'm running my RM4 into a 20/20 and I like it alot. I may do the "deepend" mod - but I've never had a problem. The biggest negative for me is that it's so loud - even at only 20 watts. I end up turning it down to 50-70%.

Latest posts