RM4 channel switching "pop"

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMK

Reaction score
I've recently been getting a audible "pop" when switching channels on my RM4. It sounds like a true bypass pedal that pops and does it on all channels. Any idea whats going on? Tubes maybe??

I've been running the same setup for a while now, haven't changed anything. RM4 into a VHT 2/50/2, delay and reverb in the loop, and a tuner and wah out front...

Is this an older block letter RM4? A remember hearing about this as a common problem. There is a chip update of some sort that you have to get through Randall.

I know its an older one, but not a block letter. I'll look into it a little more and see what I can find out...

Thanks!

The common issue with the older RM4s was the delay between channel changes. As for a "pop" between channel changes, that may be an isolated thing with your RM4. I have an older RM4 and don't have that problem. I could be wrong about the pop being common, but I know that the delay was a common issue.