rm4 unpredictable volume loss !

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesatwin

Reaction score
I see I am not the only one with this problem. Lucky us! If ne truely finds a defective part in the unit please me know what it was.

I have a global short, effecting all module s. Using either inputs, and any of the outputs, its F 'ed up! the vol. will cut down too bout 50% , and sometimes 10-20%. Usually if I press the channel selector button,& slide my finger it will come back, or cause it to do it in the first place But this us not alaways the case some times I dont change channels at the solo, w/ft pedal. I come up to solo volume and on down of the first note gone. So I slide my finger off the channel swith on unit and let it pop out and it may come back my not.

So another issue I ve had with channel selection, like the logic in pre amp and ft. ped

Just reassign theirself to respond to different ft. ped. Butttons.

So I wonder if the two are related ? The input / channel select are on the same input board. The input signal chain in the rm4 does have a short protection , where it mutes the signal if the is a short. All tubes and caps checked ok , I ve had it to the repair guy

(Todd Sharp at nashville amplifier service the best in town) twice he cant find does nt think it has a problem. It took 45 mins for me to get it to screw up when I got it back. Please not that with this bypassed I never have issues.

So has neone fixed there s yet?
[/list]

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=12777 ;)

It's a common problem.

Maybe some day we can pinpoint the exact problem and offer better advice, but for now:
Clean out the jacks and pots..

Once in a while I get weird volume loss in my RM100 but not my M100. Today, it happened again and no amount of cleaning spray, removing 1/4 plugs, letting it cool down and reseating modules helped.

I basically have 1/3 power.

Can anyone tell me if an amp can still run if a preamplifier tube goes or if one of the 4 power tube is intermittent? I'd rather not start pulling tubes if that isn't the problem.

Thanks.

Latest posts