Roland Jazz Chorus Module?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
speedemon said:
Uhhh,

well, it's my understanding that the JC120 is the cleanest guitar amp ever made. Am I wrong? If you look up the word "sterile", you will see that word is exactly that, as clean as possible. That is the way some have described the Clean module, never heard it myself. So it seemed logical that adding the Roland JC120 chorus circuit to the cleanest possible amp would do that. No?

Lol!
Still you're making the same mistake.
The 1086 and XTC are both very high gain modules.. so they have the same sound! ... :?
This is how you're looking at it, you're completely missing the tonality of it, an amp can me clean and still have a tone of it's own.
"sterile" is a word used often to describe that an amp does *not* have a tone of it's own and makes the guitar sound lifeless, uninteresting.

Apart from that, the Clean modules is still a tube driven circuit.
Anthony aims to replicate the real deal, to make it solid state, so the sound will be the same as the legend, not just some clean module with a chorus slapped in ;)

A little edu-macation might be good here.

When you hear tone....or more precisely TIMBRE (pronounced tam-ber) what your actually hearing are notes AND some other things ringing along. Those other things are called overtones. Think of it like this: the notes are the base of your food (like pasta) and the overtones are the spices to give it a certain flavor.(like garlic or basil..or salt or sugar)

So there are many different kinds of clean..because even though its all the same notes being played ..different aspects of the overtones are emphasized (or supressed).
Thats why the modders like Salvation, GigMods,JF etc are all really special...each of these people have spent time figuring out what components emphasize or de-emphasize certain overtones.
These people are not just swapping tubes. Theres alot of thoughtful work going on.

Anyway, thats the more precise explanation of why a Clean module with a CE-2 does not equal a Jazz Chorus amp. I wish it did..it would all be so much easier to get a good sound. But it isnt.

Ok...I hope that helps. I will now get out of the way..because sometimes a little education starts up controversy,,and Id rather make music than be controversial.
GtrGeorge

GtrGeorge! said:
A little edu-macation might be good here.

When you hear tone....or more precisely TIMBRE (pronounced tam-ber) what your actually hearing are notes AND some other things ringing along. Those other things are called overtones. Think of it like this: the notes are the base of your food (like pasta) and the overtones are the spices to give it a certain flavor.(like garlic or basil..or salt or sugar)

So there are many different kinds of clean..because even though its all the same notes being played ..different aspects of the overtones are emphasized (or supressed).
Thats why the modders like Salvation, GigMods,JF etc are all really special...each of these people have spent time figuring out what components emphasize or de-emphasize certain overtones.
These people are not just swapping tubes. Theres alot of thoughtful work going on.

Anyway, thats the more precise explanation of why a Clean module with a CE-2 does not equal a Jazz Chorus amp. I wish it did..it would all be so much easier to get a good sound. But it isnt.

Ok...I hope that helps. I will now get out of the way..because sometimes a little education starts up controversy,,and Id rather make music than be controversial.
GtrGeorge
Exactly what I meant to say but I kind of assumed that was common knowledge ;)
Stupid me of course.

Latest posts