Running direct

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prsguy

Reaction score
Hey all. I just ordered an RM-4, looking to control stage sound. Anyone have experience running this unit direct to the sound console??

prsguy said:
Hey all. I just ordered an RM-4, looking to control stage sound. Anyone have experience running this unit direct to the sound console??

You'll need something else between the RM4 and the console, otherwise it will sound like a regular amp's line out. The RM4 doesn't have the speaker compensated outs the Randall MTS cabs and RM20s have.

Pete

thanks.....any suggestions for how to do this (preferably on the cheap)

until i find a preferable amplifier (with a line out as well as cab sends) do you all think i could possibly run this RM-4 preamp into the line ins of my crate powerblock, and then send the line to the house, and a 1/4 in to my cab??

prsguy said:
until i find a preferable amplifier (with a line out as well as cab sends) do you all think i could possibly run this RM-4 preamp into the line ins of my crate powerblock, and then send the line to the house, and a 1/4 in to my cab??

That should work. The line out is supposed to have speaker simulation, a line from it to the house should be fine.

Thanks a bunch!!! I'll get it set up and maybe even toss some pics of the completed rig when everything is ready!