Sacred Groove Diablo/Rectifier Lo & High Gain clip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P

Reaction score
I've linked to a clip below in which I've used the Sacred Groove Diablo/Rectifier in both Low and High Gain modes (Boost & Cut on the module).

www.mikeplas.com/mike/heroesf.mp3

I think I dig my Diablo more every time I play it. It's a really first-class piece of work. I didn't get the low gain or R/V/M options on mine, though.

Whoopysnorp said:
I think I dig my Diablo more every time I play it. It's a really first-class piece of work. I didn't get the low gain or R/V/M options on mine, though.

Thanks Max! I think it's a great module, no matter what it's being used for, but I also think that hearing it in person will make the player a true believer. Similarly, to what you said when you compared your before/after tracks. :wink:

I'm not taking anything away from Mike's clips because they definitely shine, and consistently demonstrate his production and writing abilities. I think this track is a good representation of the low gain mode. 8)

Thanks for the kind words, guys! Scott and I began talking about this module back in February and I couldn't be happier with the results. I was totally after that "First 500" vibe and IMO, this module couldn't be any closer. It's simply awesome.

Thanks, Scott!

Tbag said:
thats a great recording! what gear was used?

Guitars: Mojave 201>Vintech 273>FMR PBC6A>Apogee>Nuendo. No additional EQ.

Bass: Mojave 201 & Audix i5>Vintech 1272>Overstayer FET comp>Apogee>Nuendo. I gain stage a Wave Ren Comp and a CLA 1176 comp on the Bass group.

Vocal: Soundelux (now Bock) U195>Vintech x73i>Distressor w/Brit Mod> Apogee>Nuendo> Waves CLA LA2A on each vocal group.

Drums: Ancient Chinese secret. :p

The cleaner parts sounded good,but the vocals were too loud for me to really discern how the heavier guitars sounded...seem to capture teh Recto vbe a bit though(the cleaner passages)

alowerdeep said:
The cleaner parts sounded good,but the vocals were too loud for me to really discern how the heavier guitars sounded...seem to capture teh Recto vbe a bit though(the cleaner passages)

If this clip doesn't "convince you", nothing will.

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/brokencatwalk.mp3

Great tone and song! Sounds like the Galatic Cowboys at times. Vocals mostly and desending chord progression during the fiddle solo!

Jeff Hilligan said:
Great tone and song! Sounds like the Galatic Cowboys at times. Vocals mostly and desending chord progression during the fiddle solo!

Thanks, Jeff!

BTW, I just listened to the "The Appetite" clips that Kapo posted, and they were insane! Excellent work! :D

I totally dig it, Mike. Both tracks up on this thread sound great.
Is that you on all instuments and vocals?
Pretty killer....
:twisted: :shock: :twisted:

Mike P said:
Jeff Hilligan said:

Thanks, Jeff!

BTW, I just listened to the "The Appetite" clips that Kapo posted, and they were insane! Excellent work! :D

Thanks Mike! Killer work on the song...I did not want it to come across as otherwise! Thanks for the kind words on the Appetite module!

Glad to see my module name is catching on! "The Appetite" is perfect and it does sound wicked. My modded "Mr. Brownstone" Brahma shares some of the characteristics and gets me close but doesn't nail it like the SL2X does. It does however give me more crossover brown sounds.

MikeP, killer tones as usual. That mojave is magic and your setup sounds great. Really, you can make any module sound good. I'm convinced of it.