Sacred Groove Diablo/Recto review

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disciple

Reaction score
I just got this bad boy on Friday and finally got to play it last night and all I can say is.....amazing! When I sold my older two channel (pre 500) dual Rec a few months ago I never thought I'd get that tone out of the MTS setup (especially that low chug/thump reminiscent of the earlier run) but Scott came through with this fantastic mod.

His perfectionist nature sure paid off and I'm glad I waited for this to be done to add to my collection. I'm gonna ship it back to him soon to get his final revision/tweak for the R/V/M switch he did after mine shipped but man this module floored me on how dead on it is from my old 2 channel dual rec.

Scott added in a bold/spongy switch, a raw/vintage/modern switch, rhythm (orange) and lead (red) switch and a normal/cut switch but I believe he's only going to be keeping the bold/spongy or the normal/cut switch but not both on future mods but he can reiterate on that more.

If you've been looking for that highly sought after older pre 500 Mesa rectifier tone this is it, there are other great rectifiers out there from other modders here in our community just wanted to shed light on this new mod for everyone.

This is one module that will never be leaving my collection :)

Thanks Scott you rock buddy!

Awesome, man!! I've been wanting one of these, as soon as I have some extra $coinage$. The clips I've heard, sound incredible... but I'm curious... what does faceplate look like? Can you post a pic of it? :D

The faceplate was a custom ordered/design with Scott. He has an official design for the Diablo, maybe he'll post a pic of it soon I can't seem to find the diablo image he sent me a few weeks back.

I'm glad it worked out for you Michael and you finally got to play it! :D

Michael's version was a one-off with a different faceplate. I've only built a few so far, which is good because I've already revised it. I'll have a completed version finished within the next week. I'll try to post a pic of the graphic for the new version in the next day or two.

Thanks! :D

I finally got around to uploading images of the Recto/Diablo. The Recto is what Michael (Disciple) wanted, which was my original design that I had used for multiple Recto type modules. The red LED is actually dual colors, red/green to indicate the clean, or "cut" channel.

The Diablo is for my own DualRec mod, and can have up to four features, similar to Michaels Recto.
I'll be posting more info within the next week, or so about the Diablo, and it's palette of features to choose from.

RectoFINAL.jpg

DiablobasicFINAL.jpg

You were built Variac into the module? Change of B+ voltage ?
This is actually how Bold/Spongy works on Dual/triple rectifier amps.
This feature is in power supply and reduces voltage of entire amplifier, for more sag.

salvation said:
You were built Variac into the module? Change of B+ voltage ?
This is actually how Bold/Spongy works on Dual/triple rectifier amps.
This feature is in power supply and reduces voltage of entire amplifier, for more sag.

I had told Michael (Disciple) that I was thinking of working on a bold/spongy feature, but hadn't had the time to get it completed, due to other constraints. I believe he liked the tags, bold/spongy and wanted them for his own faceplate. So, this faceplate and module are exclusive to him. :wink:

Perhaps, I should've noted that Michael's bold/spongy feature was more/less a tight switch. There's no telling, yet, what the future holds for bold/spongy being a feature, and I'm not sure it has a viable place on my Diablo. :)

Latest posts