Sacred Groove mods

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A dual channel XTC is a great idea. Mine is the JF version, and the blue and red channels are both excellent. I'd love to hear how they compare.

Whoopysnorp said:
A dual channel XTC is a great idea. Mine is the JF version, and the blue and red channels are both excellent. I'd love to hear how they compare.

Scott and I are talking about doing some pretty cool stuff with the different channels. I never had a Jaded Faith XTC, but I really loved my Red/Blue Sacred Groove I had. So, I'm going to go with his with my dualies. I was back and forth on the Fisch, but Scott talked me into it with some of the stuff he said he could do with it. The MK22 and The Bully were just "must-haves" for me. I never had anything I liked for mid gain Marshall as much as the MK22 (yes, it does high gain as well, for the pundits out there :D ) and The Bully just screamed. I didn't have The Bully very long because I got it back after I had started switching over to dual channels.

From what Scott and I discussed, his dual channels are going to be really cool. He's put a lot of thought into it and finally got the M4 to put the plan in action. Enter me, the guinea pig. I tend to like that role. :wink:

hey drew- Are those your dual channels on Salvations Facebook page?? WOW, those are awesome!!

rblyn said:
hey drew- Are those your dual channels on Salvations Facebook page?? WOW, those are awesome!!

I don't want to take away from the Sacred Groove topic, but, yes, those are my mods on Salvation's facebook page. :D

You must have 3K in mods at this point!! You know i think it is time to put the issue to bed on whether or not modules really make a diff with the RM platforms having fixed 1st stage and output section. I would love to see some replica models up against the real thing. Plexi, Tweed,5153,Soldano... would be awesome to have the same cab, same mic, same position, same guitar, same pickups with the only variable being an A/b box between amp head and RM 100. Can we do this? Even for just 3 amps would be awesome.

Kapo_Polenton said:
You must have 3K in mods at this point!!
Don't remind me and don't tell my wife. :lol:

Kapo_Polenton said:
You know i think it is time to put the issue to bed on whether or not modules really make a diff with the RM platforms having fixed 1st stage and output section. I would love to see some replica models up against the real thing. Plexi, Tweed,5153,Soldano... would be awesome to have the same cab, same mic, same position, same guitar, same pickups with the only variable being an A/b box between amp head and RM 100. Can we do this? Even for just 3 amps would be awesome.
I have thought of this as well. I could maybe do a Salvado Deluxe vs. Soldano (my buddy has one, I sold mine), I could do a Camerock vs. CCV. Otheriwse, I use the modules instead of having a $2K - $3K boutique amp (which I also love). Yes, I have disease, a very bad disease... and honestly, a wonderful and understanding wife.

I have thought of this as well. I could maybe do a Salvado Deluxe vs. Soldano (my buddy has one, I sold mine), I could do a Camerock vs. CCV. Otheriwse, I use the modules instead of having a $2K - $3K boutique amp (which I also love). Yes, I have disease, a very bad disease... and honestly, a wonderful and understanding wife.

Set it up! Very interested in this.. anyone have an orange they can compare to replica mod? I have a JCM800 but not sure what module would be fair to compare to, maybe my Friedman brahma.

Kapo_Polenton said:

Set it up! Very interested in this.. anyone have an orange they can compare to replica mod? I have a JCM800 but not sure what module would be fair to compare to, maybe my Friedman brahma.

Friedman Brahma is more Plexi...800 comarison would be better against an SL+, Mash all, Masholdano in the 800 setting (dead on to my ears) or maybe even your 1987- Though I realize that the SL+ and 1987 would have a bit more gain on tap.

Anomaly said:
Any clips of Diablo? Recto Guy here :lol:

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/psychotropics.mp3

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/freewaylovechild.mp3

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/worldwarx.mp3

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/brokencatwalk.mp3

Psychotropics features the low gain option on the verses.

Mike P said:
Anomaly said:
Any clips of Diablo? Recto Guy here :lol:

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/psychotropics.mp3

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/freewaylovechild.mp3

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/worldwarx.mp3

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/brokencatwalk.mp3

Psychotropics features the low gain option on the verses.

Thanks!

I am Legion said:
Hey Scott, any news on your website you mentioned?

I don't remember that, but I'll take your word for it...LOL. If I have time to have a website, I'll do it. Until then, I'll have a facebook page and possibly a MTS sub-forum.

Mods aren't, and probably won't be a full time gig because I don't have the time to build more than one a day, and that's a good day. I purposely don't advertise because turnaround times will just get longer if I keep accepting mod work.

8)

SacredGroove said:
I am Legion said:
Hey Scott, any news on your website you mentioned?

I don't remember that, but I'll take your word for it...LOL. If I have time to have a website, I'll do it. Until then, I'll have a facebook page and possibly a MTS sub-forum.

Mods aren't, and probably won't be a full time gig because I don't have the time to build more than one a day, and that's a good day. I purposely don't advertise because turnaround times will just get longer if I keep accepting mod work.

8)

Any chance you can pm me what SG mods are replicas of... I'm desperate for more but not sure what is what haha

Thanks mate

ricknasty1985 said:
Any chance you can pm me what SG mods are replicas of... I'm desperate for more but not sure what is what haha

Thanks mate

--X20-- Bogner Ecstascy 20 Year Anniversary
--MK22-- Marshall Plexi (50 and 100w)
--Fisch-- Bogner Fish
--Diablo-- Mesa Dual Rectifier (Pre 500)
--CC30-- AC30
--AfterLife-- Bogner Uberschall
--NumSkull-- Rivera Knucklehead
--The Criminal-- Fender 5153 Red Channel
--The Bully-- Marshall Modded Plexi/JTM45 beast!

Latest posts