salvation cost

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously? Or are you trying to stir the pot??

In a nutshell, R & D and initial investment of time and research to get the mod to sound so good, the actual work that goes into working with those pain in the *** PCB's, and because well, they can. Most european MTS'ers will probably go to Salvation first.

I personally find the prices to be a bit high when compared to what JF charges but hey, every business has the right to charge whatever they want..

His base prices aren't really that much more than what Rob charges, but the international shipping costs make a lot of difference. On the used market, the fact that Anthony is a busy guy and has wait times a little longer than Rob's combine with the reality of international shipping being slow and expensive to make the used prices equal or in excess of what you'd pay for a mod directly from Salvation. It's just market forces at work.

last I knew Salvation had moved some of his work to the US..so I think his turn around times have improved...
ask him.
GtrGeorge

When I was first getting interested in MTS I started off by contacting Salvation Mods. They lost my business because they wouldn't respond to e-mails asking simple questions like, "What address do I send a donor mod to and how does that process work since you're off-continent?" and "What's the total cost for this mod, including shipping?"

Don't really care if someone has Michael Wagener as a customer if they can't communicate with us little people.

I have nothing but good things to say about Jaded Faith and Voodoo Amps, though. Top notch products and customer service!

Seriously thats your first post on MTS forum bashing one of the modder's like that? Not a very nice welcome there lol.

I've only had stand up service with Anthony directly with previous orders. He usually responds within a day to emails I've sent him.

Sacred Groove and Jaded Faith usually are quick to respond as well within a day or two.

Did you email him or send a PM on here? Also you an contact Dietrick or Mojo as well if you have any inquiries for Salvation mods.

If you sent via pm, chances are the tiny pm box at MTS was filled up and was never received. Salvation has excellent communication and clear pricing in my 20+ dealings

That being said, the other modders offer quality work too, so enjoy

Guys,

This will probably not end well if this thread continues...It's my personal opinion that complaints should go to the modder and not the forum...I know sanskara is a new guy so he didn't know (Welcome BTW!)...And TheCrush has been cool here too so just a mistake...These things just tend to dissolve into bad things and there's time to stop it now before that happens...

It impacts the sales for these guys and we need them happy so the rest of us can keep getting great mods...

Just my 0.258528199 pesos....

Disciple said:
Did you email him or send a PM on here? Also you an contact Dietrick or Mojo as well if you have any inquiries for Salvation mods.

I e-mailed on two separate occasions. The point is, though, that if you're going to sell mods that are priced higher than everyone else, and have a longer turnaround time, then you better make it up in customer service.

No worries, though, for the price of 2.5 Salvation mods, I got five mods from Voodoo and Jaded Faith, so it's all good.

Didn't realize that describing one's negative experiences here constituted bashing. I'd like to think that those sitting on the fence and wondering who to buy from would find posts that are both negative and positive to be helpful in their decision making process. I know that when I go on a site like Amazon and am reading reviews for a product, I go right for the negative ones to see worst-case scenario. But maybe that sort of thing is frowned upon here.

For what it's worth, I've ordered several mods straight from Anthony @ Salvation, and never had anything but a positive experience. He always answered my emails very promptly and thoroughly. His work does cost a bit more than other options available and the wait time can be maddening, especially if you ship a module to him rather than using one of the stockers from him, but he does impeccable work (imo) in all aspects of the mod (including design, as well as execution).

That said, Rob @ Jaded Faith does outstanding work, too, as I am sure Trace @ Voodoo and Scott @ Sacred Grooves as well as the other awesome modders that do work on MTS modules. I haven't had a negative experience with any of the modders, so I am convinced they are either all saints or that I am just a really cool guy to deal with lol (yes, they are saints!)

I haven't ordered from Anthony yet, but I've asked him for prices and details on two occasions now (before and after last August when donor modules became available directly) and I'm pretty sure he responded to me within a day both times. YMMV.

Anthony has always responded quickly to any correspondence I sent him as well. It's a long shot but maybe for what ever reason sankara's email went to spam by accident?! Stranger things have happened. I'd say before you go shooting any business down, especially one who does get such high praise in these parts, give him the opportunity to redeem. But this is just my thought. Nothing against Rob or traces work (Robs got one of my modules now). I'd be happy giving my biz to any of these guys.

sanskara said:
Disciple said:

I e-mailed. The point is, though, that if you're going to sell mods that are priced higher than everyone else, and have a longer turnaround time, then you better make it up in customer service.

No worries, though, for the price of 2.5 Salvation mods, I got five mods from Voodoo and Jaded Faith, so it's all good.

Didn't realize that describing one's negative experiences here constituted bashing. I'd like to think that those sitting on the fence and wondering who to buy from would find posts that are both negative and positive to be helpful in their decision making process. I know that when I go on a site like Amazon and am reading reviews for a product, I go right for the negative ones to see worst-case scenario. But maybe that sort of thing is frowned upon here.

Completely understood...And protecting other buyers is just the kinda thing we appreciate here...It might sound funny but the modders are often exempt from these issues as each of them has proven their ability to solve these matters in private and, to my knowledge, no one has ever been "screwed" by a modder...Only other members and sellers... So if a member screws you, please blow the whistle (after you've made a couple attempts to reestablish communication)...
The modders are the real reason a lot of us are around here and we hold them in high esteem....
Basically, we don't bite the hands that feed us...Jaded Faith, Voodoo, Salvation, Friedman, Sacred Groove and Pete have all delivered hundreds, if not thousands, of great transactions and a misunderstanding or miscommunication could lead to an unwarranted "bad" rep...

sschultz242 said:
Anthony has always responded quickly to any correspondence I sent him as well. It's a long shot but maybe for what ever reason sankara's email went to spam by accident?! Stranger things have happened. I'd say before you go shooting any business down, especially one who does get such high praise in these parts, give him the opportunity to redeem. But this is just my thought. Nothing against Rob or traces work (Robs got one of my modules now). I'd be happy giving my biz to any of these guys.

Well, that's a good point. Unfortunately, the sequence went something like this:

--I contacted initially about pricing on a mod.
--He responded back with a pricing PDF (within a day or two, no problem there.)
--I then ask a follow up question like, "How long would it take you to make me one." To get a feel for how I should plan my rig.
--Silence.

So another time, I contact Salvation Mods, and the sequence goes thusly:
--I ask about a different mod than I did the first time.
--Get the same pricing sheet, but my question wasn't really about pricing.
--I ask where I can send a donor module.
--Silence.

So I'm sure Anthony is a good guy and that the positive experiences of forum members far outweigh my experience. But there's no way in hell I'm sending modules or Paypal payments outside of the U.S. if I can't get consistent communication.

Your mileage may vary...

His turnaround time, cost for rush service, etc used to be printed at the bottom of his price sheet, although for some reason his shipping addresses and options are not on the price sheet . . . :?

When I was first getting interested in MTS I started off by contacting Salvation Mods. They lost my business because they wouldn't respond to e-mails asking simple questions like, "What address do I send a donor mod to and how does that process work since you're off-continent?" and "What's the total cost for this mod, including shipping?"

Don't really care if someone has Michael Wagener as a customer if they can't communicate with us little people.

Strange... I too had very good experiences with Anthony. I purchased him modules on two occasions and communication was swift. And he did also some maintenance on a twinface I bought on this forum, that had been damaged during transportation.

An overwhelming majority here will report that he is responsive and can be trusted. For some reason, you didn't have the same experience and at the end of the day, we all better off making choices based on what we feel right or not, no matter what others willl think.

As for the initial topic, a modded module is only worth as much as what a buyer is willing to pay. Anthony's modules come with a premium but in my opinon, with all the options they offer, and the quality of the tone, I don't feel I'm being robbed.

HughJasol said:
His turnaround time, cost for rush service, etc used to be printed at the bottom of his price sheet, although for some reason his shipping addresses and options are not on the price sheet . . . :?

I should have added that I too have had nothing but good response and service from Anthony in my dealings with him . . . but since that always goes without saying among us regulars I guess I didn't think it needed mentioning . . .

I have only had Anthony do one mod for me and that was turning my Ultra XL into a Mamba SE.
Let me start with the shipping. My module got to his city pretty quickly, but stood in customs for over 30 days. That is not his fault. Just the way it is. Last thing about the shipping is that when he shipped it back to me, it got here super fast. Seriously, he sent it out Monday and it got to my house on Friday. Thats is amazing considering it was shiped from the other side of the planet.
I think someone touched on this already, but I think the prices have to do with the exchange rate. The dollar is pretty low.
I understand being hesitant about dealing with transasctions out of the USA, but with the great reputation Anthony has I wouldn't worry. A good Idea is try and snag one of his mods from the classifieds. I once in a while see a salvation mod go for pretty good price.
Lastly, and I hope you are still with me, the quality of his service. He does an amazing job. The sound is so kickass on the mamba. Also, for being high gain it has a lot of versitility. I have actually pondered getting a second one. Another thing is that when you look at the pcb on the module, it is steller work. I wish I could post a pic of it, but I know thats not cool. I was highly impressed with his job.
In conclusion, his prices are "high" but I feel it was worth every penny.

sanskara:
This is a strange story, but maybe your e-mails slipped through for whatever reason.. (perhaps this was during the Nashville Amp Show or something?)
Anthony is just human too you know. ;)

Anyway. PM me your e-mail and any questions and I'll make sure you get an answer quickly.
We do hold our customers in high regard, I'm sorry your experience was different than what we aim for... (wow that sounds really corperate, but I mean it ;) )

The_crush
To answer your original question: because a LOT of work goes into research and development for each mod, designwork on each module (circuit and visual), and finally work into making your mod the best it can be (which means tweaking individual stuff untill it's perfect). Most of these mods are pretty complicated.

Of course I only do the graphic design work, but I can tell you that we go for the most perfect we can make it. And don't forget the innovation ... this comes from bucketloads of R/D work, things like the Parallel modules, 6 knob Kraken, H-Watt and many mods that no other modder has pulled off yet.
When it comes down to it: we love to do it, but we need food to eat. ;) So it reflects the amount of love and work that goes into a mod and module.