Salvation LONECLEAN mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can one of these be made from a Tweed? (Assume it can since it's a pre-gain EQ board..)

JKD said:
Can one of these be made from a Tweed? (Assume it can since it's a pre-gain EQ board..)

This modification was developed to use not-so-popular CLEAN modules. But I can do it on ANY module.
Clean, low gain, higain, does not matter.

Anthony

I've got a Blackface I wanna send over for this mod eventually :D Once again, I gotta come across some cash first. And I need to get ONE more module, because I also want a Stonerverb :p: I'll be testing out modifications on my modules beforehand, but will eventually send my Ultra XL in for the ANGEL, Blackface in for the LoneClean, I wanna get a Recto for the Mamba, and maybe my SL+ for the Stonerverb :D Add that Ultra Lead in to become one of Pete's Marks and I'll have an all-star lineup of modded modules :lol:

I just got to play mine (that I got from Ray) and this thing is a real work of art.....it was torture being out of town for 36 hrs knowing this was sat at home waiting for me :D

PICT0078.JPG

This thing could have dog turd nobs... no dis to anyone... it still sounds killer... thre preamps in one really... what a great sounding design.

khingpynn said:
This thing could have dog turd nobs... no dis to anyone... it still sounds killer... thre preamps in one really... what a great sounding design.

Lol, true!

I also like the first knobs more in terms of looks .. these are more authentic though.

Hi,
I just spent about an hour with the LoneClean Module. I waited for weeks and now the wait is over. Here are my first impressions..and first impressions can be off..so BEAR THAT IN MIND.
My goal was to get a better clean sound..ya know, i never got over selling my 1965 deluxe reverbs..so this was part of my goal. So far i think the LoneClean will do those sounds very nicley. I like a very clean clean, and even with emgs I can get it. Not sure if the module adds a hint of noise...it might but its not a big deal. Very minor, if at all.
Whats really cool with this module is its versatality...a big question at this forum is: "If you only could have one module..what would it be?" Well, I tell you..if all I had was the LoneClean I could get by very nicely. By adjusting the switched you CAN get a good crunch..Plexi Like...but more like a Bassman, really. The obnoxious mids arent there..and that can be a very good thing. But the heavy overdrive is there. With single coils...you can do a very usable SRV sound,imho. Ive always felt an overdriven Fender amp is better for the SRV distortion than a Plexi or any type of Marshall. is it perfect for that? hard to say, but it deserves to be heard.
The tone controls (Bass,Mid and Treble, and bright switch) do a good job ..but I sense the REAL EQ is in whatever Salvation has done to the circuit. The whole character of this module is different than what I sent him, and again, that is a good thing.
I did all my playing at a low to moderate volume in my little home studio...playing loud will tell so much more, but so far I am intrigued and feel that I can get some very,very usable sounds out of this module.
I waited a while to get this, but i think it may turn out to be a go-to module on many occasions. I may post sound clips in a week or 2,once my schedule clears up and I know what Im doing with the Loneclean even better.
GtrGeorge

I got the Loneclean several months ago, but never really messed with it until now. It is an incredibly versatile module. I had it on the 'crystal/cold' setting for the longest time...now i realize the power of the 'warm' setting...esp. on the tweed channel. I was at practice today and preferred the distortion from the loneclean to that of the 1087 (at least for the stuff we were doing, which was doom/stoner metal ala early black sabbath). Don't get me wrong...the 1087 is great and is my go to module for anything metal, but the distortion coming from my loneclean on the warm/tweed setting was unbelievable...it really shines when i push the volume up and push it into overdrive. All it needs is a tube screamer or OD of some sort to boost it for leads. I will make some vids some time to demonstrate.

This module is amazing...it can do sparkling/shimmering cleans and dirty/gritty crunch. I remember someone commenting about it struggling with chord riffs...while it is hard to dial it in for chords, it can handle it...you just have to play around with it. Singe note arpeggio stuff works really well with it. I also think it helps to have a guitar with a coil-tap (unless you already have single coils).

Just thought i'd share my experiences with this incredible module. Great work Anthony!! Keep it up!!

Like alot of gear...it comes down to the guy using it!
The LoneClean is potentially very musical...from clean to surprisingly mean.
I like mine..and even though it was expensive (imho)..I do enjoy it and have no plans to sell it.
GtrGeorge

I am just adding user guide for Loneclean:

LONECLEAN
CRYSTAL/WARM ?MAIN MODE switch.
Thisswitch affects overall sound of all modes. It offers 2 settings, Lower gain CRYSTAL setting, which gives sparkling clean tone with lot sof headroom. It is hard to overdrive even by strong signal pickups.
Second mode is WARM, which gives a lot more gain and bluesy roots to the tone.
Warning-switching between these 2 modes gives differences in overall volume, so be carefull when you switch it, recommended is lower setting of MASTER pot.

BRIGHT:
Bright switch adds brillance to the tone.
Stronger influence is with lower gain settings.
TEXAS/LONE/TWEED (gain mode switch)
Offers free different gain and EQ structures, reset is 3 different tones.
1. TEXAS (switch UP) ? clean twang tone with enhanced bass and highs, most favorite mode of this module.
2. LONE(switch in the middle)- narrow celan tone with well balanced amount of frequencies, the cleanest mode.
3. TWEED (switch down)- crunch mode with hotter feel, very dynamic and pick responsive.

THICK/NORMAL/THICKER (voicing switch)
offers three voicings allowing you to tune the response from
1. NORMAL(center), revealing the natural sound of your guitar ? fenderish sparkling clean sounds
2. THICK(left)-enhanced mid response, you might think of it as a ?plexi? switch.
3. THICKER (right)for more vocal quality .
Thicker setting allows you fatten up the Treble region and thicken the sound for more voice like single note solo sounds, especially on TWEED setting of GAIN switch.

Wow,

whether it sounds good to any one person or not, you sure did your homework on design for versatility and what a player may want from a clean tone!

The LoneClean is an absolutely amazing work of art.

I plan to record clips with the LoneClean in either May or June, featuring a number of guitars including a Fender custom shop Strat, custom shop Tele, Epiphone Elitist Broadway with Gibson Classic '57's, a Les Paul Junior with P90's and other assorted semi-hollow and solid body guitars.

It's a stunning module capable of providing subtle Jazz to screaming Texas Blues with the flick of a switch or two and a turn of the knob.

It's simply badass and the most versatile module offered by anyone to my knowledge.

There are definitely a lot of options with the loneclean...many i have not tried yet. I is my main setting:
Main Mode: Warm
Gain Mode: Tweed
Mid Mode: Thicker
Bright Switch: Left
Gain: 10-12 o'clock
Bass: 12 o'clock
Mid: 3 o'clock
Treble: 3 o'clock
Level: 10-12 o'clock
Presence: dimmed
Density: noon or greater
(tones settings are more or less in that area)

With active pickups i have been able to get some nice death metal tones with the warm/tweed combo. My DBZ Imperial's coiltap with the tone rolled back a bit gives some nice jazz/blues tones. Best, most versatile module i have used thus far. I can't wait to hear what it can do with an OD in front of it :twisted:

fwiw:
I did a clip showing the sounds a LoneStar can do...I did it quick, but still, if you have ears it can really tell you alot about the versatility.
..if you hear it, recall that I did it quick...

Latest posts