Salvation Twinface compared to Egnater Tweaker USA clean

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whoopysnorp

Reaction score
Well, with my Dragon purchase, I have filled the hole in my module collection where tight modern high gain was missing. Now I'm thinking about how I might round things out on the lower gain side. I have a JF Voxless and a Salvation Mandarine Graphic. At any given time I will set one of those to be clean or very nearly clean, and the other one to do a nice light crunch. I wouldn't mind something Fendery in there, though. I used to have a JF Super Clean, which is a great module, but I eventually decided that the main tone I liked to use on it was very similar to the clean tone I get on the Mandarine Graphic, plus I was not a big fan of the way it broke up. The Twinface might be the ticket. Can anybody comment on how that module sounds compared to the USA mode on the Egnater Tweaker? I was jamming on my Tweaker tonight and just loving the Fendery tones I was getting, either clean or with a little breakup. If I were going to invest in the Twinface, I guess I would want to know that it could at least get those tones and hopefully others too. Otherwise I'd basically be paying for the convenience of being able to have it in my VP4 as opposed to needing to plug into a different amp for those tones.

Actually I can enlighten you, because I had the chance to spend some time with a Twin Face and A/B it with my Tweaker. I was able to get the Tweaker to sound close enough to my favorite tones on the Twin side of the Twin Face that I couldn't justify investing the money in it, even though it's a VERY good module, and totally nails that Fender thing. I liked the Twin side of it a lot more than the Deluxe side, which is probably just a reflection of my preference regarding the original amps. I wasn't in love with the Pushed mode, but I could probably have found a use for it over time. The Twin mode is heaven. Really nails that somewhat scooped Fender sound with a bright sparkly top. With the Mojo switch turned on, and the gain turned up to about 8, you get an awesome vintage crunch. All in all the Twin Face would have been a better module for me than the Super Clean was, since it's a little more versatile. Both are excellent though.

Me too I am curious too!

Tell me more about the Mandarine graphic. .?
I was looking at that module, British cleans, to old school zeppelin to black sabbath . Does that module do that

Whoopysnorp said:
Actually I can enlighten you, because I had the chance to spend some time with a Twin Face and A/B it with my Tweaker. I was able to get the Tweaker to sound close enough to my favorite tones on the Twin side of the Twin Face that I couldn't justify investing the money in it, even though it's a VERY good module, and totally nails that Fender thing. I liked the Twin side of it a lot more than the Deluxe side, which is probably just a reflection of my preference regarding the original amps. I wasn't in love with the Pushed mode, but I could probably have found a use for it over time. The Twin mode is heaven. Really nails that somewhat scooped Fender sound with a bright sparkly top. With the Mojo switch turned on, and the gain turned up to about 8, you get an awesome vintage crunch. All in all the Twin Face would have been a better module for me than the Super Clean was, since it's a little more versatile. Both are excellent though.
Cool! Thanks for the detailed info.

hmic10 said:
Me too I am curious too!

Tell me more about the Mandarine graphic. .?
I was looking at that module, British cleans, to old school zeppelin to black sabbath . Does that module do that

The Mandarine Graphic is a cool, unique mod. It goes from very nice cleans to Zeppelin no problem. Sabbath might be a little bit of a stretch, but with hot pickups you could get pretty close. The clean tone is compressed in a really agreeable way. The notes seem to kind of bloom, and the sound of the pick on the strings is really nice. When you put the gain between noon and 2:00 or so, you get nice classic crunch that is Orange all the way. To get the most possible gain out of this module, turn up the gain and treble all the way and engage the mid boost switch. Then you get a pretty meaty distortion, but you're kind of locked into a very midrangey sound. I would say the module has, say, 80% of the gain of the "clean" channel on the Stonerverb.

Latest posts