Salvation's CAE mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarslinger

Reaction score
Sorry, I've taken like a week to get back to report.

The module has gain equal to the EQ5,

The attack is the tightest I've heard in ANY module. It reminds me of the feel of a Cobra Head, yet, it still sounds good for leads.

The work looks REALLY cool. Different from anything I've seen in a Randall or Eggy module. There are parts going to different places I never imagined.

The Dave/Marty switch is awesome. Both modes are quite useful.

I highly recommend Anthony and his work. He is totally trustworthy, and he definitely knows what he's doing inside of these modules.

It really sounds like the CAE preamp I used to own.

Sweet...I really want one of these but alas...no more buyings for a while for me!

Shinozoku said:
JKD said:
Sweet...I really want one of these but alas...no more buyings for a while for me!
You know we'll want clips of that LB cab, right? ;)

No time to play, let alone record a clip..I had 15 mins on it today...no joke :cry:

JKD said:
Shinozoku said:
JKD said:
You know we'll want clips of that LB cab, right? ;)

No time to play, let alone record a clip..I had 15 mins on it today...no joke :cry:
I know your pain!! During the week....pretty much forget about playing. Weekends is "MY TIME" and I rock out HARD with my bandmates. So I get all my 'Gear talking' out on the forum during the week and just makes me want to play that much more. :wink:

I just sold my Cobra & Herbert to switch Randall RM, I really miss my Cobra sound, so I should try the CAE module. :twisted:

Red&Die said:
I just sold my Cobra & Herbert to switch Randall RM, I really miss my Cobra sound, so I should try the CAE module. :twisted:
Its funny, I traded my Framus Cobra for a Loaded RM100. I had the Randalls a few times in the past so I knew just how Killer they are.
Pete's Modded 1086 will smoke that Cobra tone though! 8)

Mailman1971 said:
Red&Die said:
Its funny, I traded my Framus Cobra for a Loaded RM100. I had the Randalls a few times in the past so I knew just how Killer they are.

I love Cobra's CH2, really tight low-tune killer sounding, too bad that the CH3 not really good for solo. That's why I back to Randall again (I used to own the RM4 and now using the RM-100KH). I'm also interested in the Pete's Modded 1086, I will try to look for the used 1086....or I can get the used Pete's 1086 if I'm lucky. :lol:

Red&Die said:

salvation mod based on Cobra is in waiting status, no order no time for build, but if..... ;)

hyenik said:
Red&Die said:

salvation mod based on Cobra is in waiting status, no order no time for build, but if..... ;)

If there is Cobra module....I will buy it for sure!!!!!!

Red&Die said:
Mailman1971 said:
Red&Die said:

I love Cobra's CH2, really tight low-tune killer sounding, too bad that the CH3 not really good for solo. That's why I back to Randall again (I used to own the RM4 and now using the RM-100KH). I'm also interested in the Pete's Modded 1086, I will try to look for the used 1086....or I can get the used Pete's 1086 if I'm lucky. :lol:
As soon as I got my RM100 in....the FIRST thing I did was score a used 1086 and shipped it to Pete for modding. He 're-worked' his mod and added more mids so this new '1087' mod will KNOCK YOU THRU THE WALL!!
I am not exaggerating....(well maybe knock you on the floor) hahaha
But its VERY POWERFULL CUTTING tone is to die for. Best sound yet I have played and I have used tons of amps looking for THIS tone!
You wont regret.
:D

Mailman1971 said:
Red&Die said:
Mailman1971 said:
Red&Die said:

As soon as I got my RM100 in....the FIRST thing I did was score a used 1086 and shipped it to Pete for modding. He 're-worked' his mod and added more mids so this new '1087' mod will KNOCK YOU THRU THE WALL!!
I am not exaggerating....(well maybe knock you on the floor) hahaha
But its VERY POWERFULL CUTTING tone is to die for. Best sound yet I have played and I have used tons of amps looking for THIS tone!
You wont regret.
:D

I used to own the 1086 when I was using the RM4, I did try to switch the C3 cap by myself, it sounds great. I just haven't try any Pete's work.

I just recently scored a Pete modded 1086 and I think IT sounds alot like the CAE 3+SE that I recently sold. It has that real amp feel and a similar gain structure or something for lack of a better term. It really compliments my Ultra XL as they are two comletely different types of heavy. The hype on this module is justified. It's definitely one to try out if you get the chance.

Thats a good term for the modded 1086.....(REAL AMP) feel. Not just a module but a WHOLE AMP sound if that makes sense :?
But its sound is unique and slays!! Love it Love it LOVE IT!
Its "My Sound" in a module. Been chasing tone for a long time and this 1087 nails that tone! :twisted:
Pete you have EXCEEDED my Expectations on this Bad @SS!!!

Just to chime in I let go of my cornford and a Gerard Melancon custom Koa for a RM100 and couldn't be happier!!! :D

I've been jamming on this some more, and it is teh sex. I can dial it up for liquid sustain, I can play razor sharp riffs, etc. It's one of the coolest sounding units I have.

I can't recommend Anthony's work enough. :)

I just got a 1086 and love it.It has got alot of tone just stock. I CAN ONLY imagine what a modded one would sound like.

guitarslinger said:
I've been jamming on this some more, and it is teh sex. I can dial it up for liquid sustain, I can play razor sharp riffs, etc. It's one of the coolest sounding units I have.

Gene, I am glad to hear it!
Its nice to hear you?re satisfied with my work.

Anthony

Anthony
I am very interested in having a CAE mod like Gene
Which module would you need to act as a starting point

Also - are you happy to say how much it would cost

Thinking about it I would love Soldano /XTC ones as well

Which modules would be best to modify for those

guitarslinger said:

Razor sharp? Does that mean it's bright and kinda thin or does it still sound full?