Salvation's CAE mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
felineguitars said:
Anthony
I am very interested in having a CAE mod like Gene
Which module would you need to act as a starting point

Also - are you happy to say how much it would cost

Thinking about it I would love Soldano /XTC ones as well

Which modules would be best to modify for those

Hi,

pm me please, or better, email me. My inbox here fill up very quickly.
my email: [email protected]

For Custom 3 I would prefer Recto, Rectified, Treadplate or XTC modules. If you don?t have one of them, I can use any higain-midgain module with the same result.

Anthony
SALVATION

yngzaklynch said:
guitarslinger said:
I've been jamming on this some more, and it is teh sex. I can dial it up for liquid sustain, I can play razor sharp riffs, etc. It's one of the coolest sounding units I have.

I can't recommend Anthony's work enough. :)

Razor sharp? Does that mean it's bright and kinda thin or does it still sound full?

No.

I just mean it's versatile as hell. The EQ sounds good at all kinds of settings. It's ridiculously badass however you set it. unreal.

guitarslinger said:
No.

I just mean it's versatile as hell. The EQ sounds good at all kinds of settings. It's ridiculously badass however you set it. unreal.

Gene,
notice that even if you set Treble, Middle and bass to Zero, there is still sound.
This is pretty common thing on majority of dirty and higain amps, ( Soldanos,Rectifiers, CAEs, Bogners,Diezels, Marshalls, Oranges, etc- try it), but it is not common on MTS modules.
On MTS modules when you set T, M, B to zero, then there is silence, and tonestack behaves in different way.

I rewired tonestack to react and feel like real amp.
And I do it on all my dirty/higain modifications.

Anthony

I picked up The Custom 3 module from Tim. Mine has 2 channels plus the DAVE/MARTY switch.
I FREAKING LOVE IT! Channel 2 sounded better than my Dave Friedman Brahma and the Channel 3 sounds a little more aggressive than the HBE mod I have. I been playing the crap out of this module for the past couple weeks. The Dave/Marty switch is usable channels as well. Little mid scoop action for the Lead/Marty side. I preffer the DAVE side! :twisted:
All around a GREAT MODULE and recommend it to anyone here.
Covers a TON of music areas. Been doing some Van Halen BROWN SOUND with it lately as well. Love it! :D
Good job Anthony!!
Dan

Dan, I'm so jealous...just had to sell the module I bought to get modified into the CAE...it's going to a good home but I really wanted to get that Salvation mod (my first!)

How's it compare to the 1087 or any other mods ?

Hey Steve,
Its been the GO TO module the past couple weeks. It dont do HEAVY METAL but its one of the modules that can PLAY ANYTHING pending on how you attack or the settings. We were doing Slayer and Metallica tonite with it. Sounded great. IT CANNOT REPLACE THE 1087(Mailman Mod...I LOVE THAT) but it handles everything perfect. It made me sell the Friedman Brahma and is pushing me to sell the Hairy Brown eye! It is JUST THAT GOOD!! The one I have has 2 channels and the Marty and Dave switch. The channel 2 sounds BETTER then the Brahma. The Channel 3 is Pure bliss! I am still pushing it with the Modded Boss SD-1 but its FREAKING SWEET!
No Heavy metal but it does everything else REALLY REALLY GOOD! 8)
Danno is out! :D

Hey Dan.
I am glad you like it.
This is first Custom3 module with added 2nd channel switch I ever made, I am pleased you find it useful. I am sure that 2nd channel is pretty usefull and covers range of midgain modules.
2nd channel is based on 2nd, rhythm channel from CAE3+ preamp.

Anthony

edit: of course, I am sure that main reason to have CAE3+ or Custom3 module is mainly 3rd channel:)

I really been playing the CHANNEL 2 more the past couple of days. I run a clean boost on it and it sounds SMOKING HOT! It is the channel that replaced my HOLY GRAIL Brahma module. And that Says ALOT! :wink:
The 3rd channel gets Nice and TIGHT Razor edgy Feel that slices. Reminds me of Lynch Back for the Attack tone.

Is the mod based off of a Randall single channel module or Egnater dual module? Curious as to how the multiple channels are there?

Yes, single channel module with 3 toggles on it. "Bright" "Dave/Marty" Channel 2 / Channel 3"
I think this is the only one out there like this?
Its a very nice sounding module. Great tone. Very original and very MINE! :D
Yes the GAS BUG caught me on this one. But its a helluva item to add to my collection.

Mailman1971 said:
Yes, single channel module with 3 toggles on it. "Bright" "Dave/Marty" Channel 2 / Channel 3"
Anthony made one for MWagener, I thinik....and I have one incoming! My question is, who is Time and how did you get the inside track on this so fast :shock:

I can't wait to get mine, I have a Stonerverb coming too- should go good with my brand of StonerMetal

Sorry...its Tim, not Time. I need to get my TYPING skills revamped! hahaha
He is a fellow member here. I was just shooting the **** with him about modules one day and he told me he had this one ordered. He bought a REAL CAE OD100 SE+ I believe so I offered to take this one off his hands. :D

Anthony was still making it when I made the offer to Tim. SO I waited a few weeks which was no biggie. Tim Shipped it to me the next day after he got it in. I been loving it since!!
:wink:

This CUSTOM 3 is really a KILLER module.
I been diggin it for over a month. Not a METAL module. But it covers alot of ground. Like 4 modules in one! 8)

crankyrayhanky said:
Mailman1971 said:
Anthony made one for MWagener, I thinik....and I have one incoming! My question is, who is Time and how did you get the inside track on this so fast :shock:

I can't wait to get mine, I have a Stonerverb coming too- should go good with my brand of StonerMetal

I'm thinking of getting that Stonerverb too. How do you like it?

Mailman1971 said:
This CUSTOM 3 is really a KILLER module.
I been diggin it for over a month. Not a METAL module. But it covers alot of ground. Like 4 modules in one! 8)

Thank you, Mailman1971 for your comment.
I am glad you like it so much.

My opinion is that with Custom 3 you can play nice metal sounds too. My sundsamples
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7355694
were done with gain on half and without boost.
But-of course-it is matter of personal taste.

Anthony

Thanks Anthony.
Let me rephrase please. It does Metal VERY GOOD. But I use it for Thrash metal, like Metallica or Megadeth and it nails it perfect. For the super low end chugging stuff I use a different module. But I like the custom 3 for the Hair metal to thrash stuff. Channel 2 sounds like my Brahma module did.
Very versatile module. Great job! :wink:

I really would like to know, if it can do the mr. scary mod soundwise or how it is different from that.
I?m looking for a "not mesa/not marshall" highgain sound.
:lol: