Schematics for the modules?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laflamme

Reaction score
Hi,
I am having a problem with my deluxe module. I get this wierd static kind of sound while the note is ringing. It isn't the typical overdrive it is also kind of intermittent. I have swapped out the tubes and I have reflowed the solder joints and it is still happening. It sounds kind of like the static when a noisy pot is being turned. If anyone has any ideas or can get me a schematic of the module, it would be greatly appreciated. I know there are a few guys that mod out these modules so I am asking if they can provide this. I have many of the MTS modules so other schematics would be welcome also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[email protected]
207-232-6615

Do your pots turn smoothly? Might want to check out they're working ok with the meter too.

Check your R1 value, if it's not 150Ohm (maybe 470) then you have an old module .. the fix is documented on here somewhere.

Peter,

A lot of the schematics can be found at Grain Tone:

http://www.grailtone.com/guitar-tone-articles/randall-modules-modifications.html

K

k-11 said:
Peter,

A lot of the schematics can be found at Grain Tone:

http://www.grailtone.com/guitar-tone-articles/randall-modules-modifications.html

K

Those are PCB layouts. Schematics and PCB layouts are two completely different things.

I have been making schematics of modules as I get them. Most of them share common parts and PCB layouts. I have yet to trace the deluxe.

laflamme said:
Hi,
I am having a problem with my deluxe module. I get this wierd static kind of sound while the note is ringing. It isn't the typical overdrive it is also kind of intermittent. I have swapped out the tubes and I have reflowed the solder joints and it is still happening. It sounds kind of like the static when a noisy pot is being turned. If anyone has any ideas or can get me a schematic of the module, it would be greatly appreciated. I know there are a few guys that mod out these modules so I am asking if they can provide this. I have many of the MTS modules so other schematics would be welcome also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[email protected]
207-232-6615

Probably need to check R1-3 values, I don't know what a schematic would really do to help you in this instance. I don't trace em out anyways, I just look at the modules, figure out what I need to know for mods and I'm done. Might also think about cleaning pots and also contacts on the back of the module.

Pete

Thanks to all of you who have responded. I really appreciate your help and opinions.

Thanks,
Peter