Scott Ian modules news!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m0jo

Reaction score
I don't know how much is known about the Scott Ian modules yet, but there's a piece about his signature Jacksons in de Dutch Guitarist magazine where he also drops some info on the MTS modules. :D

There's gonna be 3 modules, here are his words translated back from Dutch:
"You know the preampmodules in Randall's MTS series? I've designed 3 based on the sounds that I got out of their Vmax and V2 amps: rock, metal and eeh.. extreme gain."

SO, there ya have it folks 3 modules with different gain levels and tones.
Now is there any info to be found on the release date?

When did Ian ever play Rock? lol, this should be interesting.

My prediction? Rumors start now, but not released until Winter NAMM 2012

crankyrayhanky said:
When did Ian ever play Rock? lol, this should be interesting.

My prediction? Rumors start now, but not released until Winter NAMM 2012
Viral marketing campaign.

Almost 2 years ago we were also going to get 5 new modules. Randall got bought out and the research department hasn't been doing anything since last year according to a sales rep I talked to. So maybe next year at NAMM we can hear about some more modules due out in 2013.

schlagdog said:
Almost 2 years ago we were also going to get 5 new modules. Randall got bought out and the research department hasn't been doing anything since last year according to a sales rep I talked to. So maybe next year at NAMM we can hear about some more modules due out in 2013.

That pretty much says it all... :roll:

Now schlag don't be too hasty. Randall has been going through a buyout and the like. Once things quiet down a bit we'll see what's really going on. Sadly a lot of vendors have no clue that U. S. Music has been going through an ownership shuffle. Maybe it'll be for the best. Or maybe Salvation and Jaded Faith and Gigmods and Voodoo will have to take over manufacturing. 8)

Peace, Joshua

Randall got bought out? I had no idea... I have been in the market for a RM4, but this is shocking news. Have they stopped supporting the MTS series??

rhequiem said:
Randall got bought out? I had no idea... I have been in the market for a RM4, but this is shocking news. Have they stopped supporting the MTS series??

No

People need to stop freaking out about this.
As said we just need to wait for the dust to settle and then everything should start running again.
The MTS series is a great product that elevates their status in the amp-world.

I really can't see them just throwing it in the bin.
There's a lot more money to be earned from it.

That's good to hear! From what I've read and heard (a lot from the amazing modders that I've seen offering modifications to the MTS modules), this sounds like a line that would really fit well with what I am looking for right now. I am going to push through and buy a RM4, and will just stock up on modules if Randall makes the mistake of dropping support on the MTS line after the dust settles

Maybe randall can write a big ol' check to the modders of the world and get some better modules out of the box. Then they hafta worry about licensing, trademarks, etc.

However, the Hammet and Donegan modules are pretty great stock there may be a better market for Artist Signature Modules.

My opinion is that Randall could stop producing the MTS series tomorrow and I wouldn't care a bit.

There are so many modules on the cheap in the used market that it's at times, shocking.

The modders I've worked with are beyond amazing. Trace has provided monsterously awesome Marshalls (plus an AC30 & Rectifier) and Anthony's modules are absolutely insane, with each modified module a perfect emulation (plus incredible options!).

The stock modules are "meh" for me but as long as people like Trace and Anthony (and all the others out there that are doing fine work), the MTS series will live on.

Mike P said:
My opinion is that Randall could stop producing the MTS series tomorrow and I wouldn't care a bit.

There are so many modules on the cheap in the used market that it's at times, shocking.

The modders I've worked with are beyond amazing. Trace has provided monsterously awesome Marshalls (plus an AC30 & Rectifier) and Anthony's modules are absolutely insane, with each modified module a perfect emulation (plus incredible options!).

The stock modules are "meh" for me but as long as people like Trace and Anthony (and all the others out there that are doing fine work), the MTS series will live on.
The stock modules are actually quite fine, don't forget that the prices of the modders take it out of the realm of reality for a lot of people!
The thing is though, if Randall stopped producing, people would stop selling their modules, and those that do would get increasingly high prices for them... after a while it dries up and some rich people are left with a shitload of modules to mod and the rest... not. Modders would move out of the MTS business and the whole scene would fall apart.

I do care.

You are only thinking very short term, don't underestimate how fast that doomscenario would go!

We would be more than happy to design some Modules for Randall, point of fact we have several designs in place ready to go. As far as price goes, we would prefer if they were affordable for everyone.

All the best;
Trace

Voodoo Amps said:
We would be more than happy to design some Modules for Randall, point of fact we have several designs in place ready to go. As far as price goes, we would prefer if they were affordable for everyone.

All the best;
Trace
Have you contacted Randall on this?
I think it would be a great elixer of life to the line! :D
Am really interested in Randall's view on it though..

m0jo said:
Voodoo Amps said:

All the best;
Trace
Have you contacted Randall on this?
I think it would be a great elixer of life to the line! :D
Am really interested in Randall's view on it though..

At this point, I am not sure that I care what Randall thinks about Trace's offer. He has been a huge help to the guitar community and offers a great service that produces tones that most of us only dream about. And I thank him for that.

I love the MTS line and can't imagine not having at least one MTS amp in my rig. Turmoil or not, Randall needs to stay relevant. To do that, they need to communicate with the faithfull following and they have not uttered a peep about where they are at or what is going on. Whoever is in charge of marketing at the moment should be fired.

Even if things are in limbo, communication is key and they have not said anything. I doubt that they even read this forum anymore. How can they not be aware, and at the very least let us know that they are, that there is a large following of tone seekers that are looking for any type of news about where things stand.

I am in sales/marketing and Randall is failing miserably at the core competency of staying viable in the marketplace. No news is bad news and even if there is nothing that can be reported, keep your customers informed of something. If nothing else, pop into this forum every now and then to answer questions or to say that things are progressing and there will some news soon.

eyeball987 said:
At this point, I am not sure that I care what Randall thinks about Trace's offer. He has been a huge help to the guitar community and offers a great service that produces tones that most of us only dream about. And I thank him for that.
Why would you not care? Any progress in the MTS range is a good development, if Trace can kickstart is by doing this it'd be great.
So I am very interested in what Randall thinks about it. I think you're just speaking out of emotions here..

eyeball987 said:
I love the MTS line and can't imagine not having at least one MTS amp in my rig. Turmoil or not, Randall needs to stay relevant. To do that, they need to communicate with the faithfull following and they have not uttered a peep about where they are at or what is going on. Whoever is in charge of marketing at the moment should be fired.

Even if things are in limbo, communication is key and they have not said anything. I doubt that they even read this forum anymore. How can they not be aware, and at the very least let us know that they are, that there is a large following of tone seekers that are looking for any type of news about where things stand.

I am in sales/marketing and Randall is failing miserably at the core competency of staying viable in the marketplace. No news is bad news and even if there is nothing that can be reported, keep your customers informed of something. If nothing else, pop into this forum every now and then to answer questions or to say that things are progressing and there will some news soon.
I have said this hundreds of times!
I am in marketing and communications myself, and as you say Randall is faling miserably at it.

Personally I can't imagine that no-one at Randall occasionally checks this forum..
But it seems so, otherwise all of this wouldn't go unnoticed, there's an enormous cache of their customers here .. a perfect marketing oppertunity!

Randall knows what they've got here...They just don't care right now...I think they're far too intensive in the product development of other high gain amps to sit back and recognize the huge potential of MTS...If they'd just subcontract the work to some of the posters here, we could probably get the word out more as well as assist in which modules are marketable, etc...I mean ****, how can they not ask Salvation, Pete, JF, Kyle, Friedman, etc to come aboard and share, create, and new stuff??? They're sitting on an awesome core of testers here who have more experience than some Randall staff in this line...This could and should work, they're just letting it slowly die and putting out just enough stuff to make the line remain in the catalogue...If they don't tap this board for info, they're making a massive mistake...This is where the only real info exists about these products + many people have made some cool changes and mods to the gear...

Come back to the boards Randall and find what you need right here!
I don't get it and it's sad 'cause if the line dies, we're all screwed for service issues....Oh wait, we already are! :)

Mattfig said:
Randall knows what they've got here...They just don't care...I think they're far too intensive in the product development of other high gain amps to sit back and recognize the huge potential of MTS...If they'd just subcontract the work to some of the posters here, we could probably get the word out more as well as assist in which modules are marketable, etc...I mean s*&t, how can they not ask Salvation, Pete, JF, Kyle, Friedman, etc to come aboard and share, create, and new stuff??? They're sitting on an awesome core of testers here who have more experience than some Randall staff in this line...This could and should work, they're just letting it slowly die and putting out just enough stuff to make the line remain in the catalogue...If they don't tap this board for info, they're making a massive mistake...This is where the only real info exists about these products + many people have made some cool changes and mods to the gear...

I don't get it and it's sad 'cause if the line dies, we're all screwed for service issues....Oh wait, we already are! :)
You hit the nail right in the face with a sledgehammer there!

Randall is sitting on a resource here that ANY company wouldn't even dare dream of!
A community of extremely high quality developers, testers and loyal clients.
Their market research could consist of putting up a freaking poll here!!
It would give them perfect insight in what their customer base wants!!

I'm not angry because a company is ignoring it's customers, that happens all over.
I'm angry because Randall is just acting plain retarded here, they have a goldmine under their *** and instead of using it they're shitting on it!
No not even that.. they're just freaking completely ignoring it.
Being a marketing person this is turning me completely crazy, the whole situation is ridiculous and aggrivating.

all nice words, but does anyone have figures of how well the mts line is selling?

this little community may be all that is putting money into it

and even then, a good portion of money is going towards the modders here