Semi-Hollow Neck's and Holes

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rossness

Reaction score
I'm thinking pretty seriously about ordering a custom shop Heritage H535 guitar and wanted some feedback about feedback, and a neck shape/ profile. This will be the first guitar I've ever custom ordered and I want to get all the specs right before I place my order. So far, my custom will have the following options-
-Big Neck profile
-Island Burst, (Similar to the picture)-
http://www.jcfonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3808&d=1333145896&thumb=1
-Locking tuners
-A Stetsbar tremolo
-Seymour Duncan 59 (n) 59'/Custom (b) pickups

1) Essentially, this guitar is a Gibson ES-335. I want to use it for classic hard rock and a little bit of 80's metal (Rush, Thin Lizzy, Wolfmother & shred on occasion) I love how semi hollow bodies sound, especially on the neck pup (they're huge sounding), but because they're not solid, some notes get lost. Also, because it is a semi-hollow, feedback can be a problem under high gain. Would there be a way to combine the attributes of a solid body, but still have the massive sound the Semi-hollow's have? When I do a tapping run, I don't want the notes to die out.

I've thought about going the BB King route with no F-Holes and an electronics access panel on the back of the guitar, but I don't know if that will give me the tone I'm looking for? Would you have the guitar with or without F-Holes?

2) I'm looking for a massive baseball bat neck. I'm thinking 50's gibson les paul Traditional meets a compound radius profile. Does such a neck exist? Could someone suggest a neck that would have similar dimensions? I need to forward the dimensions to Heritage. I want a very fast, chunky and comfy neck.

Thanks-

I own a Heritage 535, and the neck on mine is close to the old Joe Perry Les Pauls from 94. Thick/meaty but pretty comfortable.
As for feedback, I play through Hughes and Kettners (a Switchblade combo and a 25th Anniversary combo, usually on the higher gain settings) and unless I'm standing directly in front of the speakers, I have no feedback issues at all. They are well made guitars!

Latest posts