SG Afterlife

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rossness

Reaction score
Besides the bully, I've been playing my Sacred Groove Afterlife. Its high gain without being stupid high gain. Its extremely tight. Its much tighter than ENGL/ Fryette modules I've hat. The tone isn't overly saturated, but it is chewy to a degree. I think its tigheter than a VHT/ Fryette module, but doesn't track notes like VHT's are known for. Its not buzzy like a recto. I haven't played an Uberschall for comparison, but from the clips I've heard, this module sounds dead on. There aren't a tone of switches or knobs on the module, but it rewards me with great tone. It also records very well. I'll add more to this review later.

Its a shame I waited so long to try Scott's mods because they're nucking futs! I'd love to try some more someday.

Peace~

Scott does great work! I love my Afterlife as well...Great description...The only thing I'll say is that this mod can do brutal without being overly compressed or saturated...It records amazingly well to boot through every cab I have...

Scott's work has been top notch since his first module...

The Afterlife is like no other mod I've played. Very unique sounding and "LOW END" galore....(Not boomy though!) Great mod.

Also second Scott's mods and tips for modding my own module. He has a great ear and it is a shame he can't devote more time to the craft here.

I love the Afterlife too! It is thick, but tight and clear so it doesn't sound muddy. I love that it is super-sensitive to the volume knob on the guitar. I know you don't buy an Uber mod for cleans, but to have modern high-gain and be able to drop the volume on the guitar to get classic rock and even semi-clean is huge.

Also, throw a boost in front of the Afterlife and it will sound identical to an Uberschall. Every now and then I'll use my MXR Classic Distortion in front of the Afterlife to give it a more sterile, aggressive tone that rings like the Uber cranked. The diode clipping of the pedal completes the replica for the Uber and its diode clipping.

Would someone please post a clip or video of this thing!!! I've been hearing about it forever.....there has to be one somewhere.

Duh...you think I would have looked first. Sounds awesome....anyone want to sell me one? <---yeah right!

The last one to hit the classifieds was from Europe and it sold instantly... Therefore I have a donor put aside for one.

Let's rephrase the question:
Is there an audio clip of this module recorded
with a real microphone and a real recording system?
The amp in the video is overloading the camera mic so that it limits the input level and makes it hard to hear.

audiomidijace said:
The amp in the video is overloading the camera mic so that it limits the input level and makes it hard to hear.

I have my daughter's b-day party tomorrow but will record something this weekend and post...Won't be fancy and strictly audio but I'll record it properly....Anyone wanna send tracks for me to reamp? Figure that may be the best way to check it out yourself so to speak...

Jace, I know you have that cool Backtrack and so do I....Let's put them to use!!! :)

You guys will be floored when you hear this thing...

audiomidijace said:

Dont know if there's a "real" recording out there but the thing is amazing....as I stated on the video comments (its my vid) its a simple camera vid to give an idea of the tone but by no means do that module justice....There is a "THUMP" and the 3D type definition that the module has that I havent heard in MTS (in any mod) With that said, (the vid is made with my Droid) I did get quite a bit of really good feedback in pm's on that vid. I dont have the messages anymore, but I think I got about a dozen messages between here and Youtube asking how to get an Afterlife or asking if I would sell mine- So even with a crappy cell phone vid- the thing apparently sounded good enough to elicit some decent buzz- Imagine if someone could put together some real clips? :oops:

Mattfig said:
audiomidijace said:

I have my daughter's b-day party tomorrow but will record something this weekend and post...Won't be fancy and strictly audio but I'll record it properly....Anyone wanna send tracks for me to reamp? Figure that may be the best way to check it out yourself so to speak...

Jace, I know you have that cool Backtrack and so do I....Let's put them to use!!! :)

You guys will be floored when you hear this thing...

YES!! Show them what the Afterlife can really do Matt! 8)

OK guys, I am about to whip together a short demo or two that should show you the power of this module...

rblyn's vid showed the monster power of this mod but I get that some of you need a refined studio clip...Coming right up.

Thumbs up for Scotts work. Just bought an SG XTC from Alowerdeep, love it.

So... I've been playing this module a LOT. I think its one of the best MTS modules I've ever played!- Yea, its that good. I don't really tweak this one. Its like the Ronco Oven- I set it and forget it. Its the tightest thing I've ever played and when I hear it, I'm floored :D

I have it in a rig with a Stoneverb serving as my clean, a Camerock as dirty channel 1 for more marshall based sounds. Dirty channel 2 is the Afterlife. I've got it running to a EVH 4x12 cab and Mesa Recto 2x12 Cab with v30's. The evh gets the high mids and treble and the Mesa cab gets the thump.With this setup, I find myself very close to tonal nirvana.

Somehow, If I had these tones in an M4, they were duallies, and I had a Fender/ Vox module, I might be all set.

5985_725811491465_1766196346_n.jpg

Ross,
I'm right there with you. The Afterlife is one of my most played mods. It handles all the modern metal I'd ever need. Honestly, I ordered a JF Platinum Snakebite due to it's reputation, but it took a lot of back and forth on my part to consider it due to the Afterlife. Rob was super patient with my indecisiveness, so kudos to him. I finally decided I might as well order it and worse case scenario, I sell it. Either it's a sink or swim for both mods, so we'll see how they do. Maybe sonically they're both modern but a different flavor that'd I want to keep both. We'll see! Anyway, the Afterlife isn't going anywhere any time soon.

The Afterlife also records extremely well. It sounds great jamming live, but really amazes me when I put it down on record. It's fluid for leads, thick for rhythm, and cleans up well with the guitar volume. Scott does some amazing work!

MANY months after owning this module I have zero desire to flip it...It is a classic and while some mods can get pretty close, this one does something special...It's gain is so heavy and cuts so deep it's almost scary...

Hopefully when Scott comes back from his hiatus he will have more up his sleeve like this...The dude has never made a bad mod...

I put a little demo of the module on YT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlWpqslz5B0

Latest posts