Some new and some updated mods....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
Oh yeah....

Got my Mark X back and it is even meaner and tighter than before...Plus the tone is more organic with plenty of organic, razor sharp teeth....:) I put the trim pot to full saturation and riff away and smile...This mod is badass Mesa tone...This mod stands out among many...

XMG+ - So much gain and clarity...Just wait 'til the vid...Yes, it is coming soon...Among others...

Such as the PlexiTweed...The cleans are pristine and it can get AC/DC grit quite nicely...A great mod if you have limited spaces....It's tough when you only have 25... :p This vid is NEXT...This mod has gone under the radar and needs to be heard and seen! It is perfect for the title...A truly functional mod with some nice features and great tone....

And, finally....Drum roll....the EVH Trilogy....All I can say is HOLY FUCKING ****! Just order one and don't even hesitate, seriously...It is as good as I hoped...And the bar was high....Blows me away....Dead balls on tone! More gain than I know what to do with....Excellent chewy tone...Can be tight, loose, heavy, crunchy...Everything....Easily one of the best mods to date....

On to Salvation Mods...

Started out with a Rhoadie but we didn't mesh- excellent mod- just not what I was after...After some wheeling and dealing I wound up with a Camerock....If you see my sig you will see I'm a fan of Marshall tones...Right now, this one sits near the top....It took a couple days to get the hang of it...It's weird 'cause there seem to be two learning curves to overcome...The first is figuring out what all the controls do...That takes a day or so to REALLY understand...Then you have to learn how each function interacts with each other...I went from love to hate several times and wound up staying on love...It's much more sensitive than I first thought and I just totally mesh with the tone I've found in it....I feel like gluing the knobs in place...

Way cool....I always enjoy your vids..i will watch the again every few weeks...cool stuff.

GtrGeorge

fuzzboat said:
I thought you were gonna do a rhoadie vid, matt ??

Well, that's not happening. :lol:

Also, Fig, sent you a PM. Reply at your leisure, thanks.

when will you record them ? ;) i might be in the process of getting the XMG+ module, but wanted to hear it first;)

thanks to you , I`ll be getting the Mark x to :D

I got myself a PlexiTweed, that I'm still getting accustomed to.. I was amazed really, how low-gain this one is, it can easily fill the clean channel duties I'm thinking, well maybe not but anyways. One of the most 'chimiest' module I've heard at low gain you can still get decent Volume at almost any Gain level, however I was expecting heavier marshal tone, but I'm still checking out what guitar/tubes/pedals work well with it.

egynd said:
when will you record them ? ;) i might be in the process of getting the XMG+ module, but wanted to hear it first;)

thanks to you , I`ll be getting the Mark x to :D

I will be fully functional by the weekend here....Give me about 7-10 days for a complete PlexiTweed workup with demos, vid walkthrough and sophomoric humor...

Mattfig said:
Oh yeah....

Got my Mark X back and it is even meaner and tighter than before...Plus the tone is more organic with plenty of organic, razor sharp teeth....:) I put the trim pot to full saturation and riff away and smile...This mod is badass Mesa tone...This mod stands out among many...

XMG+ - So much gain and clarity...Just wait 'til the vid...Yes, it is coming soon...Among others...

Such as the PlexiTweed...The cleans are pristine and it can get AC/DC grit quite nicely...A great mod if you have limited spaces....It's tough when you only have 25... :p This vid is NEXT...This mod has gone under the radar and needs to be heard and seen! It is perfect for the title...A truly functional mod with some nice features and great tone....

And, finally....Drum roll....the EVH Trilogy....All I can say is HOLY f&*king s*&t! Just order one and don't even hesitate, seriously...It is as good as I hoped...And the bar was high....Blows me away....Dead balls on tone! More gain than I know what to do with....Excellent chewy tone...Can be tight, loose, heavy, crunchy...Everything....Easily one of the best mods to date....

On to Salvation Mods...

Started out with a Rhoadie but we didn't mesh- excellent mod- just not what I was after...After some wheeling and dealing I wound up with a Camerock....If you see my sig you will see I'm a fan of Marshall tones...Right now, this one sits near the top....It took a couple days to get the hang of it...It's weird 'cause there seem to be two learning curves to overcome...The first is figuring out what all the controls do...That takes a day or so to REALLY understand...Then you have to learn how each function interacts with each other...I went from love to hate several times and wound up staying on love...It's much more sensitive than I first thought and I just totally mesh with the tone I've found in it....I feel like gluing the knobs in place...

DUDE matt when can i come by love to hear them new modules in person

the crush 36 said:
Mattfig said:
Oh yeah....

And, finally....Drum roll....the EVH Trilogy....All I can say is HOLY f&*king s*&t! Just order one and don't even hesitate, seriously...It is as good as I hoped...And the bar was high....Blows me away....Dead balls on tone! More gain than I know what to do with....Excellent chewy tone...Can be tight, loose, heavy, crunchy...Everything....Easily one of the best mods to date....

On to Salvation Mods...

DUDE matt when can i come by love to hear them new modules in person

My sound absorption should be arriving this week...After that I can reassemble the RoD...I promise to let you know...I look forward to it!

Matt, I also have a boomy basement studio to deal with, what did you end up getting to tame it? By the way, Dave ( the crush 36 ) and I can't wait to see the ROD. Oh sh&t, that sounded really bad. :oops: ha ha.

Hey how's it going?
I got the sound absorption sheets from audimute.com
So far I've made 1 wall from them and they work out pretty well...not isolation but absorption. Still have to run electric this weekend...I also did carpeting and that really helped...Now it's wiring up the gear and having all the fun of finding out which plug is screwing things up Over and over and over and over...

I think its funny that I got into the MTS stuff for all of the high gain stuff, but now I seem to be GASing for low/mid gain stuff non-stop. I blame the Strat.

Can't wait to see a vid of the Plexi/Tweed.

ncsouthpaw said:
I think its funny that I got into the MTS stuff for all of the high gain stuff, but now I seem to be GASing for low/mid gain stuff non-stop. I blame the Strat.

Can't wait to see a vid of the Plexi/Tweed.
I can tell you right now - your strat deserves the plexitweed...use any other mod and you're selling her short...
Stay tuned!

Latest posts