Squealing feedback.....HELP!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mailman1971

Reaction score
When I play my Egnater EG5 at a loud volume I get the "microphonic" squealing feedback. Is there anyway to correct this? New tubes? I have several other modules and this is the only one that does this. HELP.......... :x

How high is the gain,where are you standing ,did you try new tubes,Mine will feed back if I get to close to the head and let the strings go but its pretty controllable.I use an extremely hot pup with it and turn the gain down to about 11 oclock on both channels,the EG5 has shitloads of gain :shock:

I have the gain set about 2-3 oclock. Even if I get back about 4 feet from the amp if I turn a certain way it gets the squeal. Using Emg 81's. When I am playing it dont do it, but stop hitting the strings for a sec and it squeals. I usually just turn the volume knob down to prevent this, but this is the only module I have that does it. I was wondering if the tubes in the module were bad? What tubes are recommended? The stock ones from Egnater are in there now. Any prefference? Never changed out the modules tubes before or had to. :?

I have experienced a similar problem. Make sure you have a good set of tubes and the module is well seated. Turn the thumb screws in all the way to ensure good contact. IMO, the hand selected high gain JJ's ecc83s will offer thick mids and tons of sustain. Love them in the EG5. :twisted: eurotubes.com (great guys) is where I get my JJ's.

Thanks for the tip. That module just SMOKES but that sqealing feedback drives me crazy! I will try some new tubes. The ECC83 then. I will check out the site you sent me. THanks again for the info. Keep on rocking..........
Dan