Steve Morse/Dregs Tribute download

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Czajkowski

Reaction score
low-crawling under the wire at Fort Mastercard
Steve?s Stunt Double Download and Score:

Steve's Stunt Double download

Steve's Stunt Double Score

In celebration of the SMB/Dregs Tour, NAMM, etc., here is my musical tribute to Steve Morse and the Dixie Dregs with some notes off the Hectic Watermelon band website in the members area. All preamps are Egnater. Rhythm guitar is ie4 ch 3, lead is SL2 ch B gain around 10:00. Jerry Goodman's electric violin is ie4 ch3 and Erect ch B with LOTS of gain.

This is the oldest tune that we decided to put on our new album as most of the material was written somewhere between 2005 and 2006. This is an oldie but goodie, written in 1996 shortly after I moved back into mild-mannered civilian life from the furious world of a US Navy SEAL Team operator. Steve?s Stunt Double was also influenced by all the fun I was having with my new guitar, the Ernie Ball Steve Morse model, which would quickly become my main axe! During this time, the Steve Morse Band was cranking out some killer albums, and then the Dregs released both a live album and new album with Jerry Goodman, which had me transcribing for days! Learning all that music was super inspirational for me. This tune came from all that good energy. Recently, it was fun to include a good old straight up instrumental rock tune like this amidst all the more ?hectic? music of Hectic Watermelon. No matter how much esoteric stuff you learn in an MM composition program, it is still good to be a rocker at heart. We had two versions of it for the album, a very slick and polished one, and the rawer and gutsier version that I ultimately chose as track number 9. It was also the first tune that Jerry laid down violin for us in the studio?which was very exciting! Ultimately, I have always admired how Steve is such a complete musician and tremendous role model for players of all ages, so here?s to Steve and the Dregs!

John - That is killer! I really enjoyed it. You totally captured the spirit of Steve's unique musical style and playing, but in a way that is original and refreshing. Thanks so much for sharing!

PS - Do you use Finale to generate all your scores?

That sounds excellent john "Great Job" my buddy picked up one of those steve morse guitars and I get to play it now and then and it's very nice lots of combinations but not any bad ones,I like steves music and you guys did an awesome job ,pleasure to listen to.Thanks for the free samples...........Jason

You did a great job capturing the nuances in Steve's playing. Exceptionally well done. Great tones too!

-Matt

i listened to this again tonight. Man that dude shreds on violin. What a great insrument to play like that seriously!

Latest posts