Free Download: Hectic Watermelon Score

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Czajkowski

Reaction score
low-crawling under the wire at Fort Mastercard
For anyone interested in reading though some of our music, I am making a score or two available for free download for a while in the Score section of our website. For the time being, this tune is on our myspace page in full. The following is quoted from our website. Enjoy!

Until I can get my act together and add TAB and some solo transcriptions to all the Hectic Watermelon scores I wrote out for the recording of our recent album, there will be some full scores and lead sheets available for promotional download for a limited amount of time. Enjoy studying the cruel inner workings of these compositions so that you may take pity on the band members who had to learn this material! Seriously, they present a unique look into the inner workings of our album.

The Third Derivative of James Brown Score

This is the first composition that got the whole album rolling. Darren's drum arrangement evolved from a bunch of stuff he was freely jamming to while I was getting his kit mic'ed up for a sampling session we did almost two years ago. I took some loops of him playing a really cool, fast fusion groove with an oscillating rhythmic crescendo and decrescendo (speeding up and slowing down) and chopped it to pieces in Pro Tools and wrote a bunch of stuff over it. Thank goodness, he was willing to re-learn to play something that began as a very idiomatic thing for him yet rapidly evolved (deteriorated) into the stupidly complicated part that is now track 2 on our CD. Note that I have scored out portions of the drum part in single percussion staves due to the abundance of suspended tuplets. His fearlessness to learn this motivated me to write the rest of the album.

- John

Well, I don't know about that...some ofthe others read easier, but are actually more demanding to play as a guitarist. This tune is definitely one of the most demanding for the band.

If anybody has comments/abuse/questions about this score, I'll do my best to reply as I'm stuck at home with the flu...been praying to the porcelain American Standard...

Well, I don't know about that...some ofthe others read easier, but are actually more demanding to play as a guitarist. This tune is definitely one of the most demanding for the band.

Don't read to much into my statement (although it certainly is a difficult piece), I was just poking fun.

Latest posts