Stuck on a desert island - allowed 1 module?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokey

Reaction score
Hey guys,

You are to be abandoned on a desert island, with guitar, RM20 and are only allowed to take:
- 1 single channel stock (yes - unmodded) module (can be Randall / Egnater / Signature).

Which do you chose and why?

Can I add, that I'm sure that some of the modded modules would be great to have here Eg - Pete's Recto - Grail spec - Orange / Red mod, or SL+ - JCM800 switch mod, but I thought it's a tougher question this way. Otherwise I would have just posted what is your single dream module - which has already been asked before.

I'll kick it off - 1086 for sheer versatility
IMHO I have to say the 1086 is the best of the stock modules I have played. The only thing I belive this modules lacks is switchable bass (like Pete's mods or Egnater standard on Dual channel).
I love my other modules, but I think that if you were recording many different guitar parts, then you can get clean, crunch, grind and shred out of same module. On a desert island, I'd like to have a versatile module so that I don't get stuck with the one sound.

hilly1212 said:
Egnater SL2..but I dropped the EG5 in the sand so once it is clean up ... :)
:shock: I have to say the SL2 or maybe the EG3 no wait the EG4,dude this is a tough ?

Plexi or SL, you can cover most anything with a good Plexi sound.

no brainer... Mr Scary.

Even though the Brahma is my fav if stuck on a desert island the Mr Scary would b the one... why??? I can get barely breaking up, medium and high gain tones and the eq is perfect for my needs.

I side with ty tabor on this one...(of KingsX)
The Top Boost (basically an Vox AC 30)...Ty uses it all over "Ogre Tones" and I love it when its clean for it's chimey tone and when it gets distorted it still retains dynamics and playability.

PS: He may disagree if he had to pick one...but for me its the TopBoost.

Milbeck...
I like it, as said...but for many it may not be as THICK sounding as they would wish. But my musicality has taught me that to make a Heavy mix isnt just about Thick sounds. Alot has to do with what parts your playing, what the bass and drums are doing etc
And I think thats why KINGX sounds so good..its the overall thing. That said..the TopBoost IS a great sounding module. The mids may be a less than an UlTRA or some other high gain modules but that Tone it does is so versatile...thats why its my DESERT Island pick.