Stupid question: how good is the Mr. Scary at Mr. Scary?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m0jo

Reaction score
Well I said it was stupid! :lol:

I'm wondering to what degree the Mr. Scary module lives up to its name?

What I think is awesome about lynch's tone (on the record and live) is that the tone is very clean (a bit dry maybe even?) and at the same time pretty fluid.
So it's the feel I like mostly. That's also in the guitar I think (low output humbucker), but still..

Maybe I need to work the settings on the Salvado and Mash-all, I'm pretty sure it's in there.
But to anyone who owns (or has owned) both: which one nails it better?

While you're thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-BfEqPEf6o&feature=related
Here's George ripping it on a Tele :shock:

I've never been able to get tones I like out of Soldano amps. Thus the Salvado had the same issue for me. I absolutely LOVE my Mashall, but I can't get Lynch tones out of it either. I actually prefer the Ultra for Lynch tones. This is why I had Rob make the Avada Kedavra mod for me. Lynch tones for days!
Personally I always thought the Mr. Scary sounded just like an SL+. It just has skull knobs and a flaming faceplate.
Jace

Dunno...always seemed like the Mr Scary was better at the pre BFTA tones to me....seems more compressed than the tone I have in my head when I think of Mr Scary...but then I can't play Mr Scary either. :)

Actually,

I find the Mr. Scary a little more bassy and "beefy" sounding than GL's tone. I read he is running a lot of pedals, and that is what it sounds like he is doing.

If you want "dry" I don't think the Mr. Scary is what you want; when I played the SL + it was the drier module.

I think my Plexi module sounds like the 80s Dokken stuff myself, put JJs or old tubes in there, something really gainy.

audiomidijace said:
It just has skull knobs and a flaming faceplate.
But that's worth it all! :lol:

Thanks for the input guys!

speeddemon:
Beefyer, so it you'd run it at lower gain + tubescreamer you should get close right?
When I run it like that in TH2 (the closest I can get to actually trying it out) it gets pretty close.