Syn-1 and Friedman IR-X

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont have that pedal, but I use one of these to accomplish what I think you're trying to. You can use either one or both units at the same time. I use this one to send to three amps normally (Synergy, Boogie 2C+, and 73 Marshall 50W)

IMG_5146.jpeg

I dont have that pedal, but I use one of these to accomplish what I think you're trying to. You can use either one or both units at the same time. I use this one to send to three amps normally (Synergy, Boogie 2C+, and 73 Marshall 50W)

View attachment 255
Interesting. I'm still waiting to pull the trigger on the IRX. This seems like a neat way to integrate everything. Too many house bills and Christmas presents to pay for before I can treat myself anyways. Cheers!

Anybody running a Syn-1 and IR-X together? Thoughts? How are you wiring it up?
I have both but I wouldn’t run them “together.” The only thing I do is occasionally run the SYN1 into the Effects Return of the IRX and Out to studio monitors to take advantage of the IRs. It sounds great but effectively I’m using the IRX as a very expensive cab sim and something several other products can do better and cheaper. Just buy a BE DLX module if you want those tones instead.

I have both but I wouldn’t run them “together.” The only thing I do is occasionally run the SYN1 into the Effects Return of the IRX and Out to studio monitors to take advantage of the IRs. It sounds great but effectively I’m using the IRX as a very expensive cab sim and something several other products can do better and cheaper. Just buy a BE DLX module if you want those tones instead.
I just want it because of the integrated power amp sim / IR loading. I was just going to use it as the "amp" and use the syn-1 bypass function to switch between the preamps. I just wasn't sure if you went from the IRX balanced out directly to audio interface or could you send the balanced out of the irx with power amp/ ir to the return of the syn-1 so you could utilize the XLR and level control on the syn-1. I will just have to get one in a few months and experiment.

Latest posts