The dark side of the Judge (video)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nowonder

Reaction score
Here's a clip of the oft-maligned 'mode switch on, bright switch off' side of the GTO Judge... personally, I love the sag and overall feel of the module on this setting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZoUAw8eNVE

I think the difference in tone is more audible when you stand in front of it.. I know that doesn't seem logical but when I mic things, I feel more of the brightness and definition comes through. That sounded good though.

For the record, I still think that side of the Judge sucks and i bet or Georgie never used it himself! Then again, he doesn't use any of his sig. stuff really....

The "mode on" side is awesome, especially at high volume...cuts through the mix like a knife and very fat. Sounds like a killer modded Marshall should.

Sounds great, brother. I love the blues. Soulful and tasty. I enjoyed that clip immensely. Smoooooth...

Very nice! Great tone, great playing, great "mood" . . . I would like to have heard your solo track just a little louder in the mix though.

I might have to give this module a try now! :roll:

Great vid and tone!
Nice to see a good use for that side. How old is that Judge? When I got mine it seemed brighter than nowadays.
Both sides feel "modded" to me.

I bought this Judge about 10 months ago, but really haven't noticed much of a change in the tone from when it was new. I too have gone back and forth on which mode I use--seems it ends up in the 'on' position with my Les Paul and 'off' with the Strat.

Didn't mention it, but used the mike eliminator on the back of my Randall 212 cab & was pretty happy with the result.

My thanks to everyone for the kind comments and constructive feedback.

nowonder said:
Didn't mention it, but used the mike eliminator on the back of my Randall 212 cab & was pretty happy with the result.

I think it sounded great. The mic eliminator is a great feature. My Egnater cabs don't have this. Some do but mine don't.

I like the "mode on" at lower gain settings, when the module gets a bit thin otherwise.

Nice clips, well done, keep sharing!