The next evolutionary step for the MTS line.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaronharmon

Reaction score
I have an idea for the next line of MTS amps. How about the ability to blend more then one module before sending the tone to the power amp? For example, I could blend a little bit of the Blackface with the Tweed. Or maybe blend a modded Recto with a KH3. You could get limitless tone combinations.

that would be sweet, but i'm afraid we'll have to buy another amp for that, i think the rack mount does it? not sure though

maximus1 said:
that would be sweet, but i'm afraid we'll have to buy another amp for that, i think the rack mount does it? not sure though

Definitely not from experience....wish they did though!

Yeah - you'd be able to do this (and sound absolutely gigantic) if you were to run another MTS amp through an ab/y setup. I did this for years with pretty cool results. MTS does give you a lot of flexibility - especially with a two amp setup.

A friend had a 2 rm4 setup, mixed modules left and right, sounded freakin aweseome!! It required alot of spending though

audioholic said:
A friend had a 2 rm4 setup, mixed modules left and right, sounded freakin aweseome!! It required alot of spending though

2 Used RM4s = $900 approx.

Stereo Power amp (e.g. RT2/50) = $600 approx.

Yup $1500 + modules. :evil:

You could do two RM50s (can be had for $450/$500 ea.) and have same setup for $1k+modules+AB/Y. Gives ya pre/power with two channels and have different power tubes in each 'channel' (like an RT2/50) :twisted:

With my current GCX switcher/GCP I can run all manner of combinations of my M4, RM50, RM100LB into each side of my Randall 4x12....the 'mythical' combination of Mesa/Marshall (Grail and KH2/KH3) really does sound great :D

I used to do some playing like this with 2 rm4. I was able to get a LOT of cool tones, but honestly it wasn't as easy for me to do a lot of this live. Seemed to be a good idea for recording, but got a little confusing (for me) when switching around in a live setting. I guess because I didn't want the tone(s) for everything? Of course, I'm too lazy to pack around my rack stuff so I'm really only using my rm50 now anyway. So maybe my problem was just laziness. But, it was a LOT of fun to play with.

I am thinking of something really simple like a single dial that lets you blend the channels. For example all the way right is strictly channel A, dimed is strictly channel B, and 12 o'clock is 50/50. Of course both channels would keep their own Bass, Treble, Gain controls etc. Very clean, very simple