The the modular amp + TC electronic G-system thread.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Program your loop 1 button to send a midi cc #. The manual describes how to assign different functions to buttons. Then press the loop 1 button and then hold the RM100 channel button for 3 seconds. Then hit the Randall button again to change to a different channel. Now hit the GS loop 1 button and see if it changes the RM100. If it gets totally crazy let me know and I'll email you my phone # and we can work through it on the phone.

Hooked up a midi cable betwseen the G-System and the RT2/50 and switched presets, switched and held the channel switch on the RT2/50 but it doesn't switch channels with the presets. Anyone have an idea why??

Hi there,

Sorry I didn?t get to this sooner!!!! You can control the RT2/50 with the RM4?s foot controller or any MIDI FC... It sounds like you did it all correct but I'll walk you through it...

First you need to plug the RF4 or the G-System into the RM4 ?midi in?. Take a midi cable and plug into the ?midi thru? of the RM4 and plug that into the ?midi in? of the RT2/50.

Now Lets say you have a Blackface in channel 1 (RM4) and want to use 6L6?s (RT2/50) with it. Press 1 on the RF4 and the RM4 should change to channel 1. ?Using the channel button on the RT2/50 select channel 1 for 6L6?s, once it is selected PRESS and HOLD the channel button again for about 10 seconds (2 seconds should do but hold it to make sure). Now use the RF4... It should now change the RM4 to 1 and the RT2/50 also to 1.

Now lets say you have a Plexi in channel 2 (RM4) and want to use EL34?s (RT2/50) with it. Press 2 on the RF4 and the RM4 should change to channel 2. Using the channel ?button on the ?RT2/50 select channel ?2 for EL34?s, once it is selected PRESS and HOLD the channel button again for about 10 seconds. Now use the RF4... It should now change the RM4 to 2 and the RT2/50 also to 2.

This will work with any combination and any MIDI FC, like the G-System... If you have a Recto in 3 and want to use EL34?s follow the above just use channel 3 on the RM and 2 on the RT and instead of pressing and holding the RF4 press and hold any Preset Button 1-5 on the G-System and that Module and Pwr Tube section will always switch to that preset in that bank.

Now if this does not work.... your dip switches inside the RM4 and/or the RT2/50 are not set to the "ON" psoition. I had to do this too. It's involved but not impossible!!! You need to take off the top plate on one or both (if they're both not switching then you need to do this for both). Once you have the top off of the RM4 look on the MIDI board and there's a small chip that has 4 very small dip switches on it. If they're set to the off position you need to push them up to the "ON" position. Do the same for the RT2/50. Make sure everything is unplugged or you'll have big 80's hair and smell like burnt toast for weeks... LOL!

Good luck!!!!!

V

LOL... the one thing I forgot... it's been a year since I got my G-System and honestly I don't remember changing the MIDI Program Change to the on position. But anyway if you're not sure how to do that, here you go... In 7 steps!

Hit Edit on the G-Sys - hit Menu Mode - use the Page Select knob to scroll until you see the word MIDI - hit Enter - use the Page Select knob to scroll until you see "Prg. Chng. Out:" use the A knob to scroll to select "On" hit Edit to exit.

Let me know how you make out madman77!!!!

V

I could sure use alittle help getting this to function with the new M4?Can't seem to get it set up together to change midi.............

You can set them to any CC# you like. Once you know its sending a # hold the channel button in for 3 seconds on the Randall and see if the CC# took. I'm willing to work through this on the phone. Let me know

Kev.