tone help

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donmecka36

Reaction score
I am looking for some thing that can give me a really tight high gain with a bright upper mids crunch.my current tone is good but not great.the reason I this is because all of controls are set for the brightest settings.

my rig consists of:
rm100 with e34ls:ultra xl x2
gain:2 o'clock
bass:12 o'clock
mids:12 o'clock
treble:5 o'clock
level:9 o'clock
bright switch on

master volume:12 o'clock
presence:4 o'clock
density:9 o'clock

boss noise suppressor

mxr kfk 10 band eq:
all frequencies about 1khz are maxed out

thd hot plate:
with bright switch on

4x12 with t75's

I would like to find a way to get rid of the eq.I used to use a treble booster but that didn't work.I prefer not to use overdrive pedals.I have also tried using the eq or the treble booster in the effects loop and still no success.hopefully the right set of el34s will solve this problem.any ideas would be helpful.thanks.

Everyone has their own sound, but let's not reinvent the wheel here...assuming your amp/tubes are functioning properly, set the amp up on neutral settings. Come to terms with overdrive pedals, and try a few out, the gain on my Wylde overdrive is barely on, but it adds that extra sizzle and tightness that you seek. Need more of a mid sound? Try out different modules until you find one that has the foundation of the sound you want. Your current setup looks like you're thinking too hard or trying to slam a square peg into a round hole

crankyrayhanky said:
Everyone has their own sound, but let's not reinvent the wheel here...assuming your amp/tubes are functioning properly, set the amp up on neutral settings. Come to terms with overdrive pedals, and try a few out, the gain on my Wylde overdrive is barely on, but it adds that extra sizzle and tightness that you seek. Need more of a mid sound? Try out different modules until you find one that has the foundation of the sound you want. Your current setup looks like you're thinking too hard or trying to slam a square peg into a round hole

Using a pedal in front is never a bad thing, I use a modded TS-9 and I swear by it. without it i dont get the sizzle i like or the crunch i need.

I just noticed you have duplicate ultras: trade one off and try a new module, mix it up! Ultra may be cool, but I don't think you need 2- especially since you're maxing out eq looking for a sound