Top Boost clean capabilities?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarslim

Reaction score
First post! Just got an MTS and am looking to get my first modules!!!
I've got a Top Boost question though. I sort of think the extra gain with AC30-like tonality is pretty cool. However, can an unmodded Top Boost module serve duties as my main clean module? Will an unmodded one clean up well with the guitar's volume rolled down? And are a lot of people doing the mods to the Top Boost module to lower the gain?

I used to have an unmodded Top Boost and loved it for the mid-gain stuff. It really wouldn't clean up well enough to do real clean work though.

I understand a modded Top Boost will do cleans, but as well as a Blackface? I doubt it.

I did the modification as described in the mod section of this website. It definitely cleaned up the module but it sounds like a pushed clean channel. I often use it as a clean but I have to be careful. You pretty much have to turn the gain all the way down and crack up the level. I mainly use it for that Edge tone with delay. I think it sounds great!

Cody

If i'm not wrong, somebody once posted a clip of a recto with a clean topboost intro. I'm gonna try to dig it up but i thought it sounded great!