Ultra XL Clips

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrism3006

Reaction score
Hey I just got my RM100 so I thought Id have a go at micing it up, I used an sm57 to mike it up. I used my ultra XL module for the clip.

I doubled tracked both the guitars (not very well :( ) And the only bit of post EQin that was done was taking abit of low frequencys out of the guitars.

The riff is from one my songs im working on and the breakdown was just for fun! :twisted:

Its the first time I've miced an amp so pointers/critiscms would be great!

Hope you like it!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=923604

sounds good, shouldve made it longer and continued with your solo's & melodies. sounded good i wanted to hear more.

bhuard75 said:
sounds good, shouldve made it longer and continued with your solo's & melodies. sounded good i wanted to hear more.

It was just a riff I threw together in 5 mins to test the module, I like the riff though so It will end up in one of my songs :)

TheHunter said:
Dude thats sick man, that sounds so close to a 5150 thats unreal.

Yer, I had a 5150 before my RM100 and I've got to say that I actually prefer the tone of my Ultra XL to my 5150, at lower volumes anyway. Plus all the versaltility its great!

I agree, longer! More!

Chris, can you do us a favor and change the options on the Soundclick page so we can download the file? I try to save all the sample clips I can.

Thanks.

TheHunter said:

No it's not..my XL was never close to the brutalness i have with my 6505.....maybe on the rythm channel, but on the lead channel....bye bye xl.

Sick riff's though....i'd be glad to hear more of your work.

tonymustang302 said:
TheHunter said:

No it's not..my XL was never close to the brutalness i have with my 6505.....maybe on the rythm channel, but on the lead channel....bye bye xl.

I dont know what your talking about, I had a 5150 and hands down ever7y module i own whips its ***. But have fun with your one tone.

TheHunter said:
tonymustang302 said:
TheHunter said:

I dont know what your talking about, I had a 5150 and hands down ever7y module i own whips its ***. But have fun with your one tone.

You musta gotten one without hotter tubes. Oh well, whatever makes you guys happy. But all i know is there is no way the Randall can even come close to the 5150/6505's lead channel.....no way no how.

tonymustang302 said:
TheHunter said:
tonymustang302 said:
TheHunter said:

You musta gotten one without hotter tubes. Oh well, whatever makes you guys happy. But all i know is there is no way the Randall can even come close to the 5150/6505's lead channel.....no way no how.

They are completely two different things......kind of pointless to dispute the two..

shred-o-holic said:
tonymustang302 said:
TheHunter said:
tonymustang302 said:
TheHunter said:

They are completely two different things......kind of pointless to dispute the two..
Exactly.....I owned them both and like the "feel" from both. Each is good at what it does. I just play a lot of different style music these days so like the flexibility of the MTS. But that 5150/6505 is a crusher!

NunSuperior said:
I agree, longer! More!

Chris, can you do us a favor and change the options on the Soundclick page so we can download the file? I try to save all the sample clips I can.

Thanks.

Sure no worries, I'l do it when I get home from work. Unfortunately we have a house guest this week so I can't really turn it up loud for recording atm so I'l post some more samples next week.

tonymustang302 said:

Well I agree to an extent, If you got the post gain up on my 5150 It cant be matched for raw aggression by anything, but the XL gets pretty close to my ears and it also sounds better at lower volumes than my 5150 did.

Thanks for the compliment! Once I drum up some money to get myself a Reamp box I'l be able to record the songs have already recorded, so I'l upload a song or two when I get round to it.

shred-o-holic said:
Did you harmonize that last harmonic overtone? That was kinda cool..

I did try to, I dont know of any dead set way to harmonize pinch harmonics as theres a variation in pitch depending on where you hit the string with your picking hand, I just did it a third up from the first pinch and then messed around till it sounded good to me.

crankyrayhanky said:
yes that's sick- what are you tuned down to?

Thanks! I'm in drop C. I might be able to do some recording tonight so I might put up a clip using my modded clean aswell as the XL.

Not to steal the thread, but when my computer get's fixed....imma post clips of my 6505/5150. Then you guy's will see the shear brutallity of this amp. To say that a thin sounding 1086 sounds better is a little nieyeve ( however uspell it)

Oh well...back to the thread at hand.

tonymustang302 said:
Not to steal the thread, but when my computer get's fixed....imma post clips of my 6505/5150. Then you guy's will see the shear brutallity of this amp. To say that a thin sounding 1086 sounds better is a little nieyeve ( however uspell it)

*naive

Firefox spell checker ftw ;)

TS: What's your setup/settings on that clip?

Shinozoku said:
tonymustang302 said:

*naive

Firefox spell checker ftw ;)

TS: What's your setup/settings on that clip?

**** you LoL

Latest posts