Vernon Reid using MTS??

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raz311

Reaction score
This may be old news so disregard if so :) Just noticed on Living Colour's Facebook that Vernon has an MTS set up. Looks like two RM100's heads and a combo. Pretty cool, Vernon is one of my favourite players and I love LC.

Check it:
vernon.jpg

FUQ yes!!!!

I've been a big fan of Living Color and Vernon Reid since the early nineties. I've been to a drum clinic with Will Calhoun. It was an enlightening experience. A lot of soul and raw creativity. Reid is one of the most creative and underrated guitarist on the scene. I guess he's using Randall since he got his signature Parker. Parker is owned by US Musicorp. who also owns Randall.
Check out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3CJDMJnF1s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Beu0IY5K4S8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IgdCfB2i9M
It looks like he's playing some kind of Randall, but I can't tell exactly make out what model it is for certain from the video. Why wouldn't it be an RM100? Seriously, it is the flagship and best amp they manufacture.
:twisted: :shock: :twisted:

I thought the songwriting and performance on Colleidescope (2003) was excellent- but the production/recording was close to god-awful in many spots :? Apparently LC did much of it themselves, uggh.
I'll have to check out the 2009 disc...

Off the new album I really dig this track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYp2-_JWpiI&feature=related
Check it.
Peace.

Strange that GL has a deal & is not using his stuff right now, yet Vernon does not & he is usung some Randall stuff.

I remember seeing Vernon listed as an endorser for the Axe-FX, also. I just checked it, and here he is http://www.fractalaudio.com/artist.html

Maybe he's just using it for FX

Daryl said:
Off the new album I really dig this track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYp2-_JWpiI&feature=related
Check it.
Peace.

We have very different tastes then!

I Love living color (this lineup :Corey Glover, Muzz Skillings,Will Calhoun and of course Vernon@) but to me this new attempt is pure pus!.

The last great thing i heard from them was either bootleg live stuff or the smashing alternate of Sunshine of your love(my most sought after tone ever...claptons one though/one day,,,,,one frikkin day) .

But horses for courses hey............

i only just learnt from wikipedia that muzz was out after Times UP..... News to me! PITY. That boy had depth and style to rip all over the rythm section and vernon and corey had a freedom not often afforded in a metal/punkfunksol outfit

Corey has a very versatile voice/persona as well. Lookin back at all the filmclips i still get all jelly when i hear him roar over the band. Bloody amazing guys and amazing musos.....

crankyrayhanky said:
I thought the songwriting and performance on Colleidescope (2003) was excellent- but the production/recording was close to god-awful in many spots :? Apparently LC did much of it themselves, uggh.
I'll have to check out the 2009 disc...

the production wasn't great on Collideoscope. But I've found it does sound better if you CRANK it! ;)

The new album is good too. Production is definitely better. As diverse as ever, but don't expect to hear a band of angry 20-somethings anymore. They can still bring it hard (Burned Bridges, Out Of My Mind), but anyone hoping to hear Vivid or Time's Up MkII will be disappointed.

raz311 said:
This may be old news so disregard if so :) Just noticed on Living Colour's Facebook that Vernon has an MTS set up. Looks like two RM100's heads and a combo. Pretty cool, Vernon is one of my favourite players and I love LC.

Check it:
vernon.jpg

This photo was taken during sound check from front-of-house at The Haunt in Ithaca, NY, which is about 6 miles from our facility (we are in the neighboring town of Lansing). Yes Vernon was using the Randall RM100 with the Randall modules. I had the pleasure of talking Vernon in the dressing room as it had been a few years since we had first met at a Winter NAMM show, aside from being a great guy Vernon is extremely knowledgeable on gear. He, as well as the band, played incredibly well and I highly recommend seeing them live!

All the best;
Trace

Voodoo Amps said:
...Yes Vernon was using the Randall RM100 with the Randall modules. I had the pleasure of talking Vernon in the dressing room as it had been a few years since we had first met at a Winter NAMM show, aside from being a great guy Vernon is extremely knowledgeable on gear. He, as well as the band, played incredibly well and I highly recommend seeing them live!
Very cool, Trace. I am just curious about the modules that he was using and whether or not they were stock or modded. Do you know which modules he was using for the show. I've been a fan for a long time and I am totally curious about what he's using. Thanks, bro.

Daryl said:
Voodoo Amps said:
...Yes Vernon was using the Randall RM100 with the Randall modules. I had the pleasure of talking Vernon in the dressing room as it had been a few years since we had first met at a Winter NAMM show, aside from being a great guy Vernon is extremely knowledgeable on gear. He, as well as the band, played incredibly well and I highly recommend seeing them live!
Very cool, Trace. I am just curious about the modules that he was using and whether or not they were stock or modded. Do you know which modules he was using for the show. I've been a fan for a long time and I am totally curious about what he's using. Thanks, bro.

As he had just received the rig that was the first show Vernon used the RM100 on so the modules were stock at that point. Off the top of my head I do not recall exactly what the modules were but we have spoken about Modding them for him. I'll keep you posted! :)

All the best to you!
Trace

Vernon Reid Update - I was talking with a few module customers about this through email/on the phone and they suggested I share this with the rest of the gang :)

We were out on the Experience Hendrix tour this past weekend as we have 2 Platinum Modded Reason SM50 amps out with Brad Whitford as well as a 50watt V-Plex 1x12 combo. For those who are interested there is more info & photos on our facebook page. I will be adding some more photos there after I post this here :)

As many may know Vernon is out on the Experience Hendrix tour along with several other amazing players. Vernon takes part in the encore and trades off back-n-forth with Steve Vai - absolutely amazing to watch! It was a great time and were walked through all the guitar rigs on the tour, talked with the players, hung out with the techs (Marco Moir, Bill Webb & Ryan Murphy -- many thanks guys!)

Vernon's Randall Modules - Much the same as the most recent Living Color tour Vernon has his RM100 on the Experience Tour. He gave us 7 modules to Modify for him.

Vernon_Reid_Modules.jpg

The modules we have are 2-Treadplate's, 3-KH1's and 2-SL-Plus modules. Vernon wants 1 module to be like the red channel on an older 2-channel Mesa Dual Rectifier and the rest he wants to be high gain but told me to do what ever I felt would best meet his needs.

Have a great Veterans Day gang!!!
Trace

Nice! Thanks for the update.

Voodoo Amps said:
Vernon Reid Update - I was talking with a few module customers about this through email/on the phone and they suggested I share this with the rest of the gang :)

We were out on the Experience Hendrix tour this past weekend as we have 2 Platinum Modded Reason SM50 amps out with Brad Whitford as well as a 50watt V-Plex 1x12 combo. For those who are interested there is more info & photos on our facebook page. I will be adding some more photos there after I post this here :)

As many may know Vernon is out on the Experience Hendrix tour along with several other amazing players. Vernon takes part in the encore and trades off back-n-forth with Steve Vai - absolutely amazing to watch! It was a great time and were walked through all the guitar rigs on the tour, talked with the players, hung out with the techs (Marco Moir, Bill Webb & Ryan Murphy -- many thanks guys!)

Vernon's Randall Modules - Much the same as the most recent Living Color tour Vernon has his RM100 on the Experience Tour. He gave us 7 modules to Modify for him.

The modules we have are 2-Treadplate's, 3-KH1's and 2-SL-Plus modules. Vernon wants 1 module to be like the red channel on an older 2-channel Mesa Dual Rectifier and the rest he wants to be high gain but told me to do what ever I felt would best meet his needs.

Have a great Veterans Day gang!!!
Trace