Video of my band doing SRV at practice using Jf Voxless

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickatch

Reaction score
This is a video of my new band doing Couldn't Stand the Weather at band practice. I'm using the Jaded Faith Voxless Module with Fryette 2502 power amp, Celestion golds and ev12L speakers loaded in the cabinet Enjoy

http://youtu.be/ooBMVh5TTaw

I think you better keep practicing. Lol. J/k. Awesome...it's not easy to play like SRV and you're doing a great job of it!

Great playing! Killer Tone too.. diddnt know the voxless had a little texas in it!
Love the song and you play it very well man!.. very good practice recording btw!
-MP-

Well this just goes to show their is no mod that is ever a substitute for the right guitar and hands! Great job and I really enjoy your playing Tom. :wink:

hmic10 said:
Any pedals? Awesome tone

Yeah I run a analogman tube screamer in front with drive turned all the way down and the level turned all the way up for a boost just SRV did.

Sounde great. I alos listened to the Rush tune you guys were playing. The guitar tone on that sounded great as well.

Thanks for the complements everyone. I forgot to mention that I use the matchless mode with a tube screamer in front of the amp pushing it. Also though I do believe you got to have right hands to play kind of like SRV I also believe the amp makes a big difference. I've had a engl e580, H&K Access, carvin quad, mesa triaxis, ADA MP1, all 3 AXE FX models, and the egnater M4 with just stock modules and never got a SRV tone like I do with The Voxless Module. I Also have to say the egnater M4 is most responsive preamp I've ever used and to me with a great power amp behaves like a amp head would. I'm so glad I took a chance on one of these preamps and got rid of my AXE FX. I'm the happiest I've ever been with my tone.

kickatch said:
I Also have to say the egnater M4 is most responsive preamp I've ever used and to me with a great power amp behaves like a amp head would. I'm so glad I took a chance on one of these preamps and got rid of my AXE FX. I'm the happiest I've ever been with my tone.

This ;-)

kickatch said:
Thanks for the complements everyone. I forgot to mention that I use the matchless mode with a tube screamer in front of the amp pushing it. Also though I do believe you got to have right hands to play kind of like SRV I also believe the amp makes a big difference. I've had a engl e580, H&K Access, carvin quad, mesa triaxis, ADA MP1, all 3 AXE FX models, and the egnater M4 with just stock modules and never got a SRV tone like I do with The Voxless Module. I Also have to say the egnater M4 is most responsive preamp I've ever used and to me with a great power amp behaves like a amp head would. I'm so glad I took a chance on one of these preamps and got rid of my AXE FX. I'm the happiest I've ever been with my tone.

Sounds killer! Would you mind sharing your Voxless settings? How much gain are you running, and what is your mid setting at?

Ultron said:
Sounds killer! Would you mind sharing your Voxless settings? How much gain are you running, and what is your mid setting at?

Settings like a clock gain at 11, bass between 10 and 11 , mid at 1, treble between 2 and 3. bright switch on, set on Matchless setting, tubescreamer in front with no gain and volume all the way up for boost just like SRV does and use the neck single coil pickup.

kickatch said:
Ultron said:

Settings like a clock gain at 11, bass between 10 and 11 , mid at 1, treble between 2 and 3. bright switch on, set on Matchless setting, tubescreamer in front with no gain and volume all the way up for boost just like SRV does and use the neck single coil pickup.

Bright switch or boost switch? My Voxless doesn't have a bright, just a boost.

Ultron said:
Bright switch or boost switch? My Voxless doesn't have a bright, just a boost.

Bright switch...I have a eganter dual module so it's a little different from a single channel module.

Latest posts