volume setting

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the crush 36

Reaction score
this probably has been asked before where do you set the moduel volume higher or lower than the master volume or do you set them the same level or one higher than the other thanks

I tend to set module masters around noon, plus or minus a tad to even them out between channels. Much higher and i find the modules start to compress in a nasty way. My rm50 master gets set around 10 o clock, which isn't terribly loud, but right when the head starts to breathe. It always gets a mic, so low levels aren't too much of an issue.

lots of approaches on this over the years
set the Master hi and the modules low= power tube wholesome tone
set the master low and the modules hi = aggressive gain

I generally keep them somewhat even

Cranky's got it right. Also, I tend to like the cleaner modules with more power tube saturation. This can be difficult when needing to switch on the fly but if say you were using a blackface with pedals it sounds much bigger and deeper with the level lower than the master. I think I actually prefer most of my modules set that way. They just sound huge and fuller. Although you don't get the sizzle with high gain. Just depends on what your going for. One of the things about these amps that get overlooked is the really good volume to saturation control they have. A good friend with a Buda amp always comments how I can get such good tone at lower volumes. Try that with a Marshall. :lol:

Lately I've been playing with the master and effects knob at 10, (bridged parallel loop...amazing) with the modules turned low. At low volumes it gets a good saturated tone, but if I'm experimenting for recording I change it up to find what I like best. These babies are great for those looking for tonal options. Even with only 4 modules, I could tweak happily (not in frustration) for hours.

When I ran the master in my RM4 low and the modules up
it may have been my ears, but experienced a very harsh character added to all the modules
Brainfarting away I believed it to be the modules slamming the tubes in the FX loop (in use ofcourse) hard
since, when I went vice versa at the same outputlevel this character disappeared

thanks for the replys i play loud mostly use my rm100 at band pratice not at home at low volumes but i always had my module volume turned lower than the master great replys thanks again