• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Voodoo-modded Marshall JMP-1 Rackmount Tube Preamp

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HughJasol

Reaction score
This Marshall JMP-1 was modded by Voodoo Amps with their Deluxe mod, which you can read about here. This unit is in perfect working order - the LCD and all the buttons and knobs work and look fine. And while the overall condition of this preamp is good, there are a few cosmetic issues, the biggest of which is the faceplate was apparently bent and then bent back near one of the ears, but it didn't get bent back perfectly smooth, thus you can see and feel a slight hump. The power button is a clear/white button instead of a black one (I ordered this part from directly from Marshall for this amp, and this is what they sent me). One of the front jack inputs has a chrome plastic threaded grommet instead of a black one. On the plus side, when I ordered the new power button (which was broken when I bought this unit), I also ordered and installed a new data wheel potentiometer ($30), as the original one was acting flaky sometimes. So funtionally, this preamp is in tip-top shape.

The Deluxe mod from Voodoo Amps is a $345 mod (plus shipping to get it there). Price for this modded JMP-1 is *SOLD*.

I'm selling my JMP-1's because I haven't really gotten around to using them, and mainly I need money to buy PA gear. So while I'm always open to trade offers, It's probably going to have to be limited to the following (I won't be holding my breath):

• Allen & Heath MixWizard WZ3 16:2 mixer
  • QSC PLX3602 power amp
  • Pair of JBL MRX512 or Yamaha Club V Series 12" monitors
  • JBL PRX618S-XLF subwoofer
  • dbx DriveRack PA+
  • Alesis DEQ830 EQ
  • Lexicon MX400
  • SKB 10- or 12-space gig rig (mixer rack w/ casters)
I also have a stock JMP-1 listed for sale here. The modded preamp is the top one in the pictures (the one with the "Voodoo Amps" sticker on the faceplate) . . .

IMG_0074-1.jpg

IMG_0075-1.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Latest posts