What are people here using for power amps for there RM4

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarge

Reaction score
Any of you guys using something other then the RT2/50 for you power amp?

Just curious what your thoughts were on how different power amps sounded with this preamp.

How do you guys like them? Do you find a big difference in the overall tone depending on the power amp. I would of course suspect a pretty big difference depending on EL34 (my personal choice) or 6l6.

i've never had any other power amp , and probably will not ever change that , i like my VHT 2502 way too much ... i run JJel34l's in mine too !!!

I've used a Mesa 2/50, Mesa 2:90, Marshall El34 100/100 and a VHT 2/50/2. I am currently using the VHT with KT77 power tubes and it is by far my favorite. They all had their thing that they did well but the VHT by far the happiest with all the modules I run. I go for a very Les Paul into Marshall vibe and my modules have all been modded by Pete Turley. I have a Top Boost, Plexi, Brown and XTC. I also just got a KH3 that sounds much more Marshally than I would have thought.

nikki-k said:
Anyone using an amp head (via return)?
I am going to be trying my RM4 with my Legacy...

I was wondering the same. I can't make up my mind between getting an Rm20 or an RM4. I was thinking of running it through the power section of my roadking.