what cabs do you use?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rectifier

Reaction score
im using a carvin legacy with the v30's......anyone use a marshall 1960A with the mts heads ?....i found a deal on one but i hear alot about the midrange honk they have...and some say they dont handle lows very well...

I use to use them before i bought all my randall xlts sound great with the head and have great midrange

I have a Marshall 1960av v30s
Used to have a 1960b gt75s

I like the sound a lot, though I don't have a lot of experience playing my head through othher cabs, just a Mesa 4x12, I thoiught that was cool too

Maybe I'm not as picky about cabs, but whoever says Marshall is honky, lacks low end, uses inferior wood, I don't know, it's can't be bad like a low end cab--many pros are using them.

I had the cab before I owned the mts, so if I had to start again, I probably would get a Randall, people seem happy with them and the mic elim is a cool feature

Vader 2x12. Midrange pushing beast of a cab that can handle as much bottom end as you'll ever need. Amazing cab for teh br00tulz, but makes the cleans a bit harsh and bright. I may eventually get an Ear Candy or Mesa 2x12 though.

man,, everybody has a variety of cabs..lol
Mailman1971,, how do those super v's compare to celestions?....those are modeled after fanes ??.. i like the power rating and specs of those...
i thought about buying the cheap randall cab with the jaguar speakers and putting the super v's in it.... but then i would have $650 invested.
anybody ever tried the avatar cabs ?...pretty good prices i see

MTS 2x12 in palomino
Bogner 4x12 slant w/V30s
'76 Marshall 4x12 slant with blackbacks
JCM800 4x12 slant w/75s
JCM900 4x12 slant w/75s
flextone Line 6 4x12 cab w/75s (yeah, I put them in there)

I prefer the bogner, then the '76 marshall, then the MTS, then the 800, 900 and flextone cabs. 800 and 900 are the same essentially, but the 800 has older/more broken in speakers.

Pete

i may take the plunge on the randall cab with the seventy 80's in it.....but i really like slant cabs....decisions ,,decisions......pete thats just too many cabs..hehehe

i run my RM-4 through an orange 2x12 cab. looking to get another cab to incorporate a stereo feature into my rig...thinking maybe a mesa vertical 2x12.....any suggestions for a good compliment to an orange?

btw....i used to have a marshall 2x12, but liked the sound of the orange soooo much better.

Had to play through a Marshall 1960 Standard Cab for a whole time with all my amps (Mesa Rec, Randall MTS, Peavey 6505) and I didnt like it at all ... perhaps my own opinion, but the marshalls aren't my cup of tea. I prefer oversized cabs and V30s.

I tell ya the best cabs are xlt100s i own 2 of them and ill tell they will blow you away with those 100 watters

I play through a pair of Randall MTS cabs. One is all black and bought new with the Neo 12's and the other is black with the Palomino gill cloth and came loaded with V30's (which I promptly replaced with a pair of Celestion Centuries as well!). Killer tone! These speakers are around 3-4 pounds each, have great voicings and have the quickest response of any Celestion made which is great for tight and focused tone. I have never been happier.