what is different form the rm100 and lynch box?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlbaxe

Reaction score
What are the differences of the rm100 and rm100 lynch box? I have searched and cant find any info. Thanks.

Cosmetics obviously .Jewel power light .different switches
load with El34L from Factory .Tweak to the power section that give a little bit more midrange punch .according to George's tech posts more classic Marshall sounding

HMMMmmm Thanks. thinking about the RM100LB and modding it for dual channel mods

jlbaxe said:
thats what I was thinking :D
I have two 412s that I built years ago and been thinking of retolexing them in Black and tan myself.Kinda fun stuff but time consuming :lol:

jlbaxe said:
jmgman70 said:
jlbaxe said:
HMMMmmm Thanks. thinking about the RM100LB and modding it for dual channel mods
You animal!!! :lol:

I feel sort of bad cause I want it Black and Tan to match My rig. :lol:

We can put it into a Egnater headshell. Just tell me what you want and I can do the whole thing for you. I can sell you a brand new head with our headshell and upgrades.

Cool just send me a PM on what I am looking at cost wise.

$450 Dual Mod
head shell

LB head I can pick up now for $1150. and have it shipped to you, is it to early?

Ok I searched and found this so that answers my questions. Other than the upgraded power standby switch ,light and headshell they seem to be the same and Dave F also told me nothing is different in it.

RD/MAN wrote:
Ok everyone, since I've developed the Randall MTS line from the beginning with Bruce I want to fill everyone in on the differences between the Randall and Egnater models. With the amplifiers themselves, pretty everything is identical other than we use a CMEC transformer and Bruce uses a Heyboer. The specs used to build both transformers are identical and you will notice the size and weight are the same as well. We can honestly use the Heyboer or any other transformer we want, but we did not and do not notice any tone or performance difference at low or high volumes between the 2 transformers.

The tonal differences lie in the different capacitor values that we use to voice our modules specifically for the high gain player. These small capacitor value differences is what everyone hears and feels. That is why the Randall sounds tighter and more aggressive and the Egnater sounds a bit thicker but also a bit looser. Honestly everyone, Bruce uses the same Electronics supplier that we use. Where do you think the new Egnater Tourmaster came and comes from. That's right, the same factory that produces and stuffs many of our PCB boards. We all buy from and use the same part suppliers, Mouser, Digikey, etc... to stuff our circuit boards.

I just wanted to clear this up. Everyone seems to think that softer deeper low end means better build quality and better components. It's real simple, we voice our modules to our player and Bruce voices his modules to his player. I assure you that both are being made using the same high component quality.

I hope everyone finds a tone they like whether it's a Egnater or a Randall module, because we have the whole gammit covered Very Happy

cowardm said:
i thought the RM100 had 6L6s. I know the RM100LB has EL34Ls because I have a Lynch Box.
From what I read ur right. I also thought you could put in any kind of tubes.

jlbaxe said:
cowardm said:
i thought the RM100 had 6L6s. I know the RM100LB has EL34Ls because I have a Lynch Box.
From what I read ur right. I also thought you could put in any kind of tubes.
The KH was also tweaked towards a Mesa.