What is your main..........

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James Tyler SE (pickguard)- Seymour Duncan Tyler Trembucker bdg/SD Classic Stacks/md + nk.

James Tyler SE (rear routed)- Tyler Shark/bdg; SD Classic Stack/md; Tyler Hot Retro/nk.

ESP/LTD GL600mt- SD Screaming Demon.

those are played the most right now.

Alex

ESP LTD Alexi...Dimarzio Evolution

Jackson Super Frankenparts w/ Rockfield Mafia's

3 Washburn Nuno N2's with:
Red - Dimarzio Air zone/duncan designed neck
Black - Dimarzio Tone zone/ SD pearly gates neck
Natural - Irongear Steamhammer/Duncan designed neck

Washburn MG-700 Carvin MSD-22 and 2 carvin single coils.

Schecter C1 Classic (Neckthru) w/ Gibson Tony Iommi pickups.

Fender Am Deluxe w/ebony FB, Super V locking setup, Seymour Duncan;SJBJ 1 JB Jr, APS-2 RWRP, Antqy TX Hot.

Schecter Corsair

Epi G-400 Iommi (C#/C tuning)

Ibanez AS73(?) w/SD Phatcat and JB

crankyrayhanky said:
SacredGroove said:
JKD said:
ESP KH2 EMG81s \m/

I also have Gibson Gothic Explorer with 500T/496R as my 'passive' pickup main axe.

I love the Gothic LP!

+1!

I'm about to order the Yngwie Scallopped Fender- can't decide on maple or rosewood fretboard....

Mailman- Loudness was my first concert- opened for Dokken and Crue on the Theater of Pain tour in Philadelphia! Love that Akira style with hands over the fretboard for harmonics!

Depends on mood... here lately:

ESP custom shop KH2 neckthrough
PRS quilt 10 top semihollow custom 22
Peavey Wolfgang special USA flame top (purple)
2005 Gibson Les Paul standard faded (best sounding LP I've ever had)
Fender USA Eric Johnson signature strat

http://www.ibanezregister.com/images/images-jems/777vbk/JEM777VBK-88.jpg

...all pickups waxed, bridge is a Dimarzio Tone Zone, mid and neck are stock.

I confess I use Strats mainly..
all with a PAF-syle in the bridge.
using emgs didnt work out for me...still got em..maybe one day.

I got too many guitars, but the main ones right now are:
Fender Tele Joe Strummer- going to upgrade the pick ups with bare Knuckle soon. A great neck on it, ugly as sin, but I love it.

Gibson 81 Les Paul Pro- my old standby for any musical situation
ESP LTD EC1000
ESP LTD Super V GL600

Fernandes Dragonfly Elite - Seymour Duncan Custom 5 humbucker and Fernandes Sustainer humbucker)

Bill Lawrence SwampkasterT (Swamp ash Tele with maple neck and fretboard) - Kinman 48s (Broadcaster) single coils.

crankyrayhanky said:
crankyrayhanky said:
SacredGroove said:
JKD said:
ESP KH2 EMG81s \m/

I also have Gibson Gothic Explorer with 500T/496R as my 'passive' pickup main axe.

I love the Gothic LP!

+1!

I'm about to order the Yngwie Scallopped Fender- can't decide on maple or rosewood fretboard....

Mailman- Loudness was my first concert- opened for Dokken and Crue on the Theater of Pain tour in Philadelphia! Love that Akira style with hands over the fretboard for harmonics!

Yngwie ordered- I went with the Sonic Blue with Rosewood

Anyone who is interested, these Fenders recently took a huge price jump- but I found a site that still has them listed for the prices from last summer-over 33% off

google yngwie strat

You must get in that way, going through the main site directs you to the high 2k price
another 5% off code: upsellit

Act quick if interested, this is a mistake that will be gone soon...

crankyrayhanky said:

Good choice with the rosewood board. I have a 1975 cream Fender Strat with a scalloped maple board, with humbuckers in both bridge and neck, but I much prefer the rosewood with its darker tone and more tighter bottom. Used to own the Yngwie model too, but sold it.
Have you seen the neck profile on the new models? The one I had was the original prodution models when they first came out, had a huge thick Cshape neck, not very easy to play.

PRS Santana SE with POS pickups... ha.... anyone? Somebody feel sorry for me please.

the Santana SE is a good build, but I agree with you: I was never a fan of the pickups. I could see some Bareknuckles doing ya some good.

For me it's a PRS CE 22, Blade Texas Standard Pro ( best strat I've ever owned ), ESP Kami IV, Larrivee Custom Voodoo.

Those are the main four guitars I use with the Lynch Box.

I use the Super V for main cleans plus I hit it with the BBE Green Screamer for a slight dirt rock tone.

I use the Brahma for most stuff and hit it with the BBE GS for leads ( thats my main lead tone.

I use the Mr Scary for harder edge rock/metal and full on 80's metal lead tones.

Cheers
Craig

I use my Handbuilt Feline Lion loaded with Bare Knuckle Pickups the most
She currently has a Mule PAF style in the neck and a hot Miracle Man pickup at the bridge.
Sperzel tuners, Earvana nut and tonepros hardware

bonesfront.jpg

The all access neck joint makes life a lot easier

PICT4841.jpg

I?ll use some links from others.....

- Yamaha RGX TT (SH4 + vintage rails)
http://picasaweb.google.com/wassup.g/MusicGear#5095060271686164370
- Dean Evo Special 7 (hot alnico RM pickup)
http://darrenwilson.com/guitars/EVO7/EVO7.html
- Macho FBM Custom (SH4, RM pickup, Shadow SH970 piezo bridge and prepare to change for Gibson 498T)
http://www.instrumento.cz/fotogalerie-fotogalerie-166-3-macho-fbm-custom.html
- Macho FBM travel (RM hotrails, Shadow piezo)
http://www.instrumento.cz/fotogalerie-fotogalerie-131-3-macho-guitars-fbm-travel.html
- Variax 500 (wanted to upgrade with SH4 + sustaniac :)
http://k43.pbase.com/o4/09/586409/1/55232092.P1190393.jpg

tung said:
crankyrayhanky said:

Good choice with the rosewood board. I have a 1975 cream Fender Strat with a scalloped maple board, with humbuckers in both bridge and neck, but I much prefer the rosewood with its darker tone and more tighter bottom. Used to own the Yngwie model too, but sold it.
Have you seen the neck profile on the new models? The one I had was the original prodution models when they first came out, had a huge thick Cshape neck, not very easy to play.

No, I heard the earlier versions of the Yngwie strat were much different than the current

Got my YngRay last wednesday- love the tone! It will take some time to get used to the shredding, the ghuitar is much bigger feeling than the Les Paul I've been playing...but the sound is sickly good, my chops need to improve and this axe should help as it is so articulate it is a blessing and a curse!

crankyrayhanky said:
Got my YngRay last wednesday- love the tone! It will take some time to get used to the shredding, the ghuitar is much bigger feeling than the Les Paul I've been playing...but the sound is sickly good, my chops need to improve and this axe should help as it is so articulate it is a blessing and a curse!

is this your first scalloped fret board? I've always wanted one, but haven't had enough time behind one to know if it would be a wise investment for me. When I have played scalloped boards, I had issues with my finger pressure and finding how hard or light to press to get a good fluid tone, especially with arpeggios. Let me know how it goes...if you would.

Thanks,
Jimmie