What kind of guitars do you guys use?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think your right, mine is a blue ghost flame. Heres one of my Warrior.
kevwar.jpg

MOSHWITZ said:
roodyrocker said:
Jacksons of course 8)

WORD... MY BRUTHA :lol:
i just saw this and figured i'd chime in :wink:
Picture011.jpg

MOSH ON
DAVE

JACKSONS OF COURSE
to be more detailed
San Dimas Rhoads' with Kahlers and Duncan Jeff Becks

look at the new Jackson cat page 14
catpages.jpg

Jackson Christian Olde Wolbers 7 string (s)-(2nd one in lay-away)

2-EBMM Silhouette Specials, though at least one is going up for sale...
I can't play ANYTHING but the COW sig models, my left hand goes numb with any other guitar.

All with scalloped fretboards :D

Epi Les Paul custom (with Duncans jb and 59, locking tuners, etc..)
don't let the name fool you, this thing rocks hard.

A Parker Night Fly (cherry red)

And my newest addition, a Raven RG450 in Lizard Quilt green
This thing is awesome. Bright, but very full sounding, with great attack and sustain. Check it out.

2712_side_2.JPG

OK, the pictures below aren't the greatest, but you'll get the idea.

1987 Gibson Les Paul Custom Lite
1970's Ibanez Les Paul copy
1999 Gibson Les Paul Classic (gold sparkle finish)

Allie076.jpg

1983 Gibson Explorer (custom artwork)
2001 Gibson Gothic Flying V

Allie070.jpg

1990? USA Kramer Stagemaster
1985 USA Kramer Voyager

Allie067.jpg

BC Rich Mockingbird (USA neck through)
BC Rich Beast (NJ series)

Allie064.jpg

And finally, MY GUILTIEST PLEASURES....
BC Rich Bich (acrylic)
BC Rich Bich (Bich's Back graphic)

Allie063.jpg

An update on my guitar list:

High-End/Custom guitars:

Thorn Artisan Deluxe # 153 - In Progress still, but getting really close! :D

Thorn JUNIOR NINETY!!! - Newly released model (as of yesterday, cat is out of the bag so I can talk about it now!) that is reminiscent of a Tele Jr. but with different construction and woods, custom pickups and help from a fairly well known Mr. John Gaudesi, Master Builder from the Yamaha Custom Shop! I have one from the first batch, black limba body with the Thorn Hardtail and Brazilian Burst that I will be seeing for the first time this weekend before they ship it to me!

If you want to check out the new model, here is the link:

http://thornguitars.com/jr90htm/home-jr90.htm

Click on the picture on the left after you see them scroll through all the way to go on to the specs page + more pictures. :wink:

Customized Production Guitars:

PRS Singlecut SE - upgraded with locking Sperzels, WCR Darkbursts, PRS Adjustable Wraparound bridge and TonePros locking studs

PRS Tremonti SE (Drop C) - upgraded with PRS Phase II Locking tuners, Dimarzio D-Sonic and Air Norton pickups (although that might be changing when the new DiMarzio D-Activators come out) and a PRS Adjustable Wraparound bridge.

As a p-90 guy i must say god **** that is dreamy. Alas, nothing will ever trump an lp jr through a cranked amp, its just the perfect simple rock combo. Leslie West proved it.

So you have two thorns now?>

Yessir, two Thorns! One Artisan Deluxe (still in progress, that's the walnut beauty) and now one gorgeous Junior Ninety coming my way! I get to see it this weekend, I can not wait! I'm so excited! This is what mine will look like (this is a trem model, mine is exactly the same but with a Thorn hardtail bridge) in that I have a Black Limba body and neck + Brazilian Burst finish:

jr90c.jpg

Is it Friday yet?! :D

Ron uses 3x3 style headstock with a custom-made set of Sperzel locking to utilize straight string-pull which enhances tuning stability! :D I dig both styles of headstock shapes, but if his design makes my guitar stay in tune better I wouldn't argue! :wink:

yeah. I figure thats a minimal difference. My guitars all stay in tune fine and i use mostly fender style haha! but either way gorgeous guitar. What the hell do you do for a living dude???

I work for SAP in their IT Hosting department. Great company to be working for, just wish I was made a full-time employee instead of a full-time contractor so I wouldn't have to pay for my own benefits. Keep in mind I'm only 23 though, my gear purchases are limited so I try to save up and buy nicer stuff. Plus the way I look at it, if I buy guitars that are special to me I'm less likely to want to sell them ever! That's why I'm getting my signature as the neck heel inlay on Thorn # 153! I can't wait to see that one completed.... woo hoo! I'll be back on Monday night so I'll try to post some pictures by next Tuesday or Wednesday! :D

No love for Suhr on this board?!?

Heres my list:

PRS CE24 Goldtop
Washburn Paduak N4
Fender American Standard Strat w/ Suhr V60LP pickups
Dean 7-String

And my all-time favorite....
Suhr Standard in CherryBurst

I have some pics of the Suhr here if anyone is interested:
http://homepage.mac.com/mlitkey/PhotoAlbum7.html

-Matt

I've been thinking about a Suhr lately. They look great and are a little more "traditional" looking than say, a Tom Anderson. Had a Tom A for many years though and it was by far one of the best guitars I've ever had. That along with the PRS CE-24 Rootbeer Brown that I have now. I love that guitar as well, and lately I don't even take my Strat out of the case. Thinking about finding an old EG and putting some Tom Anderson M1, M2 and M3 (the dual coil P-90) on it. That would cover single coil tones and still feel like a PRS. Suhr would be my next choice. Mighty fine guitars if a little pricey. Can't find many used either as I usually by my guitars second hand. I like them worn in.

cant say i dont agree with the 'buy right, buy special' outlook. I'm 19 and in college, luckily my parents are supportive of my music and catch a missed car payment or two...or five. When I got my heritage it was sitting in the used dept of the local boutique shop and the minute i saw it i had to have it. I had like 50 bucks to my name at the time and i put 40 down as minimal layaway haha.

3Mile,

You should really check out the Suhr Pro Series. They are made on the same line with all the same parts and quality control procedures as the custom guitars but you have no options. Since the make a bunch of them at one time, the manufacturing costs are much lower and the time saved is the big dollar saver. You can get them for around the price of a PRS CE, more than a $1000 less than their cheapest custom guitar. Incredible guitars, still not cheap, but very worth it. I played them at NAMM last year and they are the real deal.

I love my PRS CE, but since I got my Suhr I really havent played it much.

-Matt

Cool Matt, Ya I've been eyeing that very model at Indoor Dtorm. Plus you can get a sunburst for no extra charge! That one caught my eye and it is on my hit list for sure. I have played them before at the Dallas Guitar Show. Very nice. The only thing that would stop me (besides the fact that I'm saving for my MOD 50 head right now) is the fact that if I got a PRS EG3 I could slip three big P-90 style PUPs in it and the feel would be the same as my other PRS. My band tunes down a half step and with the PRS 25 " scale it has a certain feel to it. Different than a 25.5" scale no matter what strings I use. I would be going for consistent string tension only. I am seeing EG's go for around $1100 too, so in my book they are a bargain.

I added an Anderson Hollow T to my collection since my last post! Check out the pictures on my gear page in my signature.

**** Gary you have quite a nice collection of Anderson guitars now man-o! Very cool!

I too added a guitar to my arsenal... needed some P-90 goodness and wouldn't you know it, Ron came out with a new production (non-customizable) model that fit the bill PERFECTLY!!! Here's a shot of my new guitar, Thorn Junior-90 #09 (yes, that's Ron next to me in the picture!):

Matt_Ron_Jr_90.jpg

It's so sweet, I can't wait to check it out through the Eggie stuff when it arrives here!!! Why isn't it Saturday yet?! :lol:

Latest posts