What should I look for next.....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audioholic

Reaction score
Hello

I might be looking for a great mid gain module. Right now I am primarily using an Egnater bassman single and a DF modded topboost, or rolling off my guitar volume with a DF modded SL+. I am looking at possibly the brahma, or maybe an Egnater Single SL module (pricey)

anything else i should consider? I want a smooth light to mid gain sound, not overly bright or harsh at all.

Actually now that I hear brahma clips, perhaps its too bright. I had a plexi once and liked it decently. perhaps a modded plexi might be nice....

I would have recommended a Plexi but I guess you already tried that. Super V, perhaps?

I have a Plexi module that I shipped off to Dave to do his "brown eye" mod to it.
I have one of his modded Brahmas and the modded plexi sounds just a Tad more gainier and 'slightly' more lower end then the Brahma.
PERFECT for HARD ROCK/ HAIR METAL. Check it out. Worth it. 8)

I would suggest a JTM module, have Pete mod it for you and I think it would be pretty close to what your looking for.

Thanks

I liked the plexi when I had it, I have a different cab now where it would probally sound even better. Looks like I may be picking up an Egnater Eg3 to try out. Sounds like it may be what I am looking for. Slightly darker and mid gain at tops