What sound/mod you would want from disliked clean module?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salvation

Reaction score
Hi guys.

All my mods BEFORE (Soldano based Salvado, Custom 3, Deadplate, Ubersonic, Stonerverb, etc) were possible to do only from mid gain or higain modules.
I think there is a lot owners of some Clean modules, who are not 100% satisfied how it sounds.
I want to do some special mod which can be done on Clean based modules.
Obvisously I cannot build Higain curcuit into clean module.
But some great Clean or crunch modules can be done for sure and they WILL sound GREAT.
So now I would like to hear some suggestion.
Question is:

WHAT CLEAN OR MIDGAIN/CRUNCH SOUND YOU WOULD WANT TO HAVE IN YOUR CLEAN MODULE?

Thank you for your suggestions!

Anthony
Salvationmods

Hey Anthony !

I knew, you will make me wanting my third salvation module :roll:
-lol-

I liked the clean channel on the Engl powerball very much.
The best clean channel on a high gain amp !!!

Cheers,
Sascha

Mesa... Like the old V-twin Preamp's "Blues" channel. It would perfectly pair with a Grail or Treadplate.

headown said:
Hey Anthony !

I knew, you will make me wanting my third salvation module :roll:
-lol-

I liked the clean channel on the Engl powerball very much.
The best clean channel on a high gain amp !!!

Cheers,
Sascha
I was actually gonna suggest an ENGL clean too, but I've been so muchc on this German amp tone kick I didn't want people saying "JUST GET A FV@%ING ENGL" :D

I need more imgaination from you, guys:))
what about
Bogner Shiva sound ?
Soldano Atomic sound?
Matchless DC30 sound?
Clean channel from XTC sound?
Clean and crunch channels from Die2el VH4 sound?

Thank you for your tips, Lonestar, Engl clean and V Twin!

Anthony

The V-twin came to mind because it's just a two 12AX7 preamp. I had borrowed one for a while back and I really liked it. Just not the $450 price tag on the "evilbay". I ran it into the Power Amp In on a Hot Rod Deville since I liked the sound better than that amp. But my friend wanted it back because his Recto-verb blew up.

Get creative and build a delay or chorus in

I was thinking the same thing! Ever since I saw the gate in the high gain mod I was wondering if a chorus could be put right into a clean module. That'd be way cool.

Greg

I wouldn't mind a single module that replicates channels 1 and/or 2 of a Mesa Roadster, complete with Fat-Clean-Tweed or Fat-Clean-Brit switches. (or better yet, Fat/Tweed/Brit)

IMO just something with a full, clear, bell-like quality. Almost piano like. The stock clean module has always sounded flat and almost "cardboard box" like to my ears anyway... It would be nice to have a useable clean module rather than the stock one taking up a slot and looking pretty. :)

...Randall has kinda missed the mark with their clean modules,imho.
And while everyone has a mod for the high gain modules...the cleans have been largely ignored.
I suggest you fix the Deluxe Module and finally get it to have the roundness that the Blackface Fender deluxe Reverbs all have. There is that distinctice roundness, and a certain compression the sound..hard to describe..but one of the MOST useable clean tones in recording hisory.
If you can dothat, Anthony...my hat is off to you.

I wouldnt mind the blackface having an overall upgrade to it's components and maybe a blackface / vox hybrid module.