what speaker to record with?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintkilz

Reaction score
im goin into the studio to record some songs for my new band and i am so psyched..

problem is..we get one day to do everything...

im seeing what everyones experience is as to what speakers they have recorded with?

my cab is a shitty hartke,but its loaded with hellatone60ls and T-75s in an x pattern..im hoping i can just record one take with both speakers miced and decide if ones gonna do it or mix them...

believe im gonna use my treadplate..been tryin to get a KH3, but looks like i have nobody willing to trade..

might borrow a friends 2 channel dual rec, or another buddies VHT UL...idk..

lookin forward to it though!

stick with one speaker that sounds the best ... and find the head that you like the best and stick to it!! ..you only have ONE day ..trust me ...keep it simply .( that day is going to fly by ) ..know your tunes ahead of time ... and lastley DIME IT and have a Blast ... \m/

yeah i understand...definitely not the 1st time ive recorded...

im still tryin to get a KH3 before the recording session...have a lead on an Egnater Modern High Gain..still workin that angle...and i messaged a fellow forumite on a 1086...

if i had another module that would go well with the grailplate, i wouldnt bother borrowin another head...im tryin to add to the overall tone of the guitars...as im the only guitarist...

record both speakers, and pan them out, will sound much fuller imo, or can mix them more in mono, multi tracking your takes to thicken it up, but make sure the mics are in phase as good as they can.

deff use both speakers! its nice to combine different flavors.

audioholic said:
record both speakers, and pan them out, will sound much fuller imo, or can mix them more in mono, multi tracking your takes to thicken it up, but make sure the mics are in phase as good as they can.

deff use both speakers! its nice to combine different flavors.

+1. Take the extra few minutes to make sure the mic's are in the right position. But, to save time, use the same model mic on each speaker, otherwise you could kill a lot of time finding the perfect mic. Afterall, you'll have 2 tks of every take and should end up with something you'll be happy with.

Good Luck!

I hate to do everything in one day .. almost impossible.

I did it once and never again. better nothing than anything, specially when making music.

However good luck man. :)

were only doin 3 songs...shouldnt be too difficult..aside from the fact i have to do guitar parts for leads and rhythms as well as bass :shock:

mind you i dont play the bass...and the stuff we play is even kinda difficult for me on the guitar...so this will be interesting..

dont be to picky with what speaker you use o record with. remember what ever your using to record with will have a huge impact on what your sound is going to be llike. different mics will pick up different sounds....