Whats the Skinny on the G3s?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAbomb12

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good backup head (as well as easily transportable ).

What do you guys *Really* think (be critical) of the G3 series heads ( RH300G3/RH150G3)? I've heard there are problems with too much bass, and problems with too much Hum. Could someone elaborate as too what degree these problems are (are they deal breakers)?

Finally, would someone be able to compare the tone and overall quality Line6 SpiderIII 150 head? (which one would you prefer, if you had to gig with it)?

Get the G2 if u can, plenty going 2nd hand over in the uk for dirt cheap, gd sound, built like tanks, quite quiet, fully solidstate, so no reliability issues. I have the Spider2 150w combo for my practise amp and the G2 definitely sounds better than that!

hey dudes, i have a 200W G2 combo and a 100W G3 combo and i have to say that the G3 sounds fantastic, much better tone than the G2 but as many people say, crank it up and you get way too much boomy bass, i'm looking for a way around this and any help would be appreciated lol

I just bought a barely used G3 (150 watts), and have been running it into a Behringer BA810 full stack (8X10 Bugera aluminum cone). The sound is phenomenal, but I do notice that hum...The bass is hot, but you can tune it down with the EQ. I find everything (bass, mid and treble) is very clear and sensitive, so depending on what sound you're looking for, you have to turn down the bass and treble, and make further adjustments as you pump up the volume....

Most of the time, I'm playing at 2, and if I want stuff to fall off the shelves in the garage, I put it up to 4 1/2. This amp is a monster.

I am going to talk to the Randall folks about that hum. I saw where someone had talked to them, and they fixed it right away.....must be a grounding issue.

Rock on.