Which module for convincing rectifier sound?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morbidalex666

Reaction score
So, which one? The treadplate is supposed to do that but Lynch's Grail is said to be modeled after an early Dual Rectifier.
What the forum thinks?

If your tastes run to super-heavy Mesa tones, and you have a little money to spend, a modified Recto may be more to your liking. I found the Grail a tad timid for over-the-top metal.

Of course, I seem to be in the minority here; most people love it.

Rising Farce said:
If your tastes run to super-heavy Mesa tones, and you have a little money to spend, a modified Recto may be more to your liking. I found the Grail a tad timid for over-the-top metal.

i love it after i dime the gain and boost it up front.

Rising Farce said:

+1

Thanks for your interest guys.
I am interested in metal but not all out metal.
I believe that the real rectifier wasn't designed for death metal anyway. What I love about it is the immediately recognizable crunch sound full of tight bass and sharp midrange that cuts through.
That is what I am aiming for and since the recto module is out of production I guess I will have to go with the Grail.

just to give you another option, know that Treadplate is the newest incarnation of the recto/rectified
each new version is basically the same but seems to be improved with minor tweaks (bass cap, etc)

crankyrayhanky said:
just to give you another option, know that Treadplate is the newest incarnation of the recto/rectified
each new version is basically the same but seems to be improved with minor tweaks (bass cap, etc)

The Treadplate is pretty good out of the box, save for the bump at 300hz and the "wonky" mids.

I'm sending my to Trace this week to "rectify" those problems.

:D

I actually get a really good high-gain tone out of the old Recto stock, with just a D-standard Les Paul. Hell, it's an EPIPHONE les paul and it still sounds incredible with this module

For me the grail does perfect metallica Load and Reload tone. Put a ZWOD pedal on it and you will have an insta KH3 imo.